Maxtrix Audio element X2 Pure issue
May 17, 2024 at 9:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

passballtotucker

New Head-Fier
So I just got this today and everything seemed to working working fine until I got to a certain album. All of a sudden tracks started stuttering badly. I tried another DAC and even my computer speakers and everything was fine, no stuttering at all. I'm wondering if there's something wrong with my unit or there's a bug that could be fixed with a firmware update?

If anyone else can test this the track: 6. Stage Select. It can be played straight from the browser with this link:

https://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/rockman-9-original-soundtrack

I was using Roon when I noticed, then I tried the track through usb directly from my computer and then the website where I got the file. I tried fiddling with some settings on the element x2 but nothing seemed to help. One strange thing that DID help was converting and upsampling to DSD in Roon. No idea how that fixed it or what the problem is but I'm about to return this as a $100 Topping DAC doesn't have any problem playing these tracks.

May 18, 2024 at 3:31 PM Post #2 of 2
Well, I returned it. If any element X2 Pure owner comes across this post, I'd be curious if you encounter the same problem or I just had a defective unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back