MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
May 18, 2024 at 2:39 PM Post #5,626 of 5,658
I am also interested in how the new Duo pads that shipped with Empyrean II will perform (comfort and sound) with Elite!

I tried the Duo pads on my Elites when I had the Empy2 on loan. I compared them to at my AA (my favourites) and the original Hybrid. Let's just say I have a new favourite! They pair brilliantly!

Apparently Meze will be releasing them soon!

May 18, 2024 at 4:41 PM Post #5,627 of 5,658
I tried the Duo pads on my Elites when I had the Empy2 on loan. I compared them to at my AA (my favourites) and the original Hybrid. Let's just say I have a new favourite! They pair brilliantly!

Apparently Meze will be releasing them soon!
Thanks @Mr X! Can you ay a word or two about how Duo pads differ from AA? I am listening to Elite through a tube amp. as I type and struggling to imagine how they could sound any better! :notes: :dt880smile: :notes:

May 21, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #5,628 of 5,658
Future Elite owner here! Coming from Utopia (‘22) and Chord TT2. Chasing a bit more musicality!

What do I need to know?

May 21, 2024 at 8:44 PM Post #5,629 of 5,658
^ wow! you've gone down the rabbit hole in near record time. hope the elite scratches that itch. :wink:

Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 9:13 PM Post #5,630 of 5,658
Future Elite owner here! Coming from Utopia (‘22) and Chord TT2. Chasing a bit more musicality!

What do I need to know?
Angled Alcantara pads are key.

Soundstage is equal in width and depth as the 800S. Very good layering and sense of air.

Sound signature is smooth and non-fatiguing. If you're a bass head, you will want to use EQ to your satisfaction.

I've never heard the Utopia 22, but from what I've read the Utopia has more detail.

Very easy to drive and plays well on SS and tubes.

May 21, 2024 at 9:18 PM Post #5,631 of 5,658

What do I need to know?
If you are chasing musical then I'd go the ZMF route (Atrium/Caldera). Elites are great, but are more of an excellent all rounder.

Utopia is a good headphone, but I'd describe it as a headphone for detail hounds. Can be a bit forward at times.

May 22, 2024 at 1:54 AM Post #5,633 of 5,658
Angled Alcantara pads are key.

Soundstage is equal in width and depth as the 800S. Very good layering and sense of air.

Sound signature is smooth and non-fatiguing. If you're a bass head, you will want to use EQ to your satisfaction.

I've never heard the Utopia 22, but from what I've read the Utopia has more detail.

Very easy to drive and plays well on SS and tubes.
I own both Elite and Utopia 20022 and the latter gets very little head time, even though I do enjoy it when I use it. There is something so appealing about the Elite, just the right balance of technicalities and musicality, and the stage is definitely better than Utopia 2022.

Agree w/angled alcantara pads with caveat that some who've heard the duo pas that ship with Empyrean II rolled ointo Elite feel it adds more saisfying bass with out giving up much if anything else. I may try them when they are sold stand alone as is apparently planned latter this year.

May 22, 2024 at 2:34 AM Post #5,634 of 5,658
Thanks @Mr X! Can you ay a word or two about how Duo pads differ from AA? I am listening to Elite through a tube amp. as I type and struggling to imagine how they could sound any better! :notes: :dt880smile: :notes:
Sorry I missed this!

I tend to have the angled pads as default on my Elites as my preference is detail. I do occasionally miss the extra bass that the hybrids bring when listening to certain genre but I don’t like sacrificing that detail.

When I was lucky enough to try the duo pads on them for a couple of days, it was like I had found the absolute sweet spot.

Comfort is a given with Meze but what these gave were the detail of the AA along with that added bass of the hybrid.

According to my dealer Meze will be releasing the pads for sale very soon. I’ll have a new default for my Elite as soon as they do.

May 22, 2024 at 2:42 AM Post #5,635 of 5,658

What do I need to know?

Duo and Angled pads covered...I haven't tried the Duo yet and look forward to that but Angled are definitely a must.

I have the ZMF Atrium Closed which are very nice but the Elites see 75-80% of use. I've owned the Elites since they were first released and I still love them. ZMF AC for nearly a year and again, for when I need amazing sub bass they are something else but they're more of a speciality headphone rather than a dependable fantastic allrounder.

Be prepared for very long listening sessions as they are addictive and.... Elites love Tubes, then you'll know what musical is :L3000:

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 6:59 AM Post #5,638 of 5,658
May 22, 2024 at 7:05 AM Post #5,639 of 5,658

What do I need to know?
I actually went Elite -> Utopia 2022. Will you be keeping both? I think they make a good pairing / counterpoint to one another.

May 22, 2024 at 7:17 AM Post #5,640 of 5,658
Why?
Elite looks quite normal, we're not talking about Abyss 1266 TC here😂
i think the elite looks gorgeous off the head and slightly ridiculous on it. as for the ab1266, i don't think it makes much difference either way. :wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back