1MORE H1707 Triple-Driver Over Ear
Aug 30, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #50 of 1,586
I got mine from 1More UK so it must be the Asian as mine are the gold variant and it has been said the American one will be silver

Sep 6, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #53 of 1,586
Can someone tell a bit more about those 3, ehm, drivers?
There is one driver and a passive radiator which shouldn't be called a driver. And I really don't know what to make of that ceramic driver.
I have a feeling it's more a marketing thing since ceramic drivers are often top of the line stuff..
I have checked all the posts but no one asked any serious questions about them (or did i overlooked a posting?).

Sep 6, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #54 of 1,586
There is one driver and a passive radiator which shouldn't be called a driver. And I really don't know what to make of that ceramic driver.
I have a feeling it's more a marketing thing since ceramic drivers are often top of the line stuff..
I have checked all the posts but no one asked any serious questions about them (or did i overlooked a posting?).

I'm not sure, I looked at that too and thought the same thing.
I'm waiting to hear how it sounds, but it does look like it has 2 actual drivers and one radiator?

Sep 6, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #56 of 1,586

The passive subwoofer (vs active on like in the JVC SZ) was a bit of turn off. And really i don't care for the high frequency extension to the moon.

In saying that, i do like extra multiple driver options, as they are still just "ok" sounding like with JVC SZ/ Bluedio stuff. Purists dont seem to like the multiple drivers, but they can have their moments with certain genres and movies. Basswise, they can hit, but its the tonality/accuracy/timbre issues i hope improve with future iterations. SO i'm all for it. I just don't expect fidelity like the single drivers.... yet :p but i mean i hope its dope :D

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #57 of 1,586
The passive subwoofer (vs active on like in the JVC SZ) was a bit of turn off. And really i don't care for the high frequency extension to the moon.

In saying that, i do like extra multiple driver options, as they are still just "ok" sounding like with JVC SZ/ Bluedio stuff. Purists dont seem to like the multiple drivers, but they can have their moments with certain genres and movies. Basswise, they can hit, but its the tonality/accuracy/timbre issues i hope improve with future iterations. SO i'm all for it. I just don't expect fidelity like the single drivers.... yet :p but i mean i hope its dope :D

The problem with multiple drivers in IEMs and headphones is the same as with speakerboxes; The quality of the speakers, the filters and the housing.
These cost a lot of money to buy, make and tune to perfection which simply is impossible at the price point they are usually offered.
Nowadays everyone and his Chinese mother makes triple or more driver headphones or IEMs and many get cought by the hype (and if you really believe they are better your brain might even convince you they are better).

But indeed: "I just don't expect fidelity like the single drivers.... yet :p but i mean i hope its dope :D"

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #58 of 1,586
The problem with multiple drivers in IEMs and headphones is the same as with speakerboxes; The quality of the speakers, the filters and the housing.
These cost a lot of money to buy, make and tune to perfection which simply is impossible at the price point they are usually offered.
Nowadays everyone and his Chinese mother makes triple or more driver headphones or IEMs and many get cought by the hype (and if you really believe they are better your brain might even convince you they are better).

But indeed: "I just don't expect fidelity like the single drivers.... yet :p but i mean i hope its dope :D"
Well some of them are expertly tuned and sold en masse and definitely available at the "price point" considering that the raw materials even to build the quad drivers is around ~$25-35.
So you are saying that for $165-175 they cannot tune it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back