2 modded k340's (56k warning)
Apr 28, 2007 at 10:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

arielext

Headphoneus Supremus
I've been using the K340 as my main headphone for about a year now. I liked it so much that I have let Larry mod my phones. When they came back i knew these were going to be the phones i'd listed to for a long time before the upgrade virus comes along.
Well partly true that is
smily_headphones1.gif
I found a pair with box and in complete new state last feb. I've decided to headphile those as well and now they've returned! I've beel listening to them and the older ones back and forth and I like both very much. The main difference is the cable (black copper vs blackmax); the blackcopper ones sound a bit dull compairing them to the blackmax. Other difference is that I find the velour pads less comfortable then 'good as new' pleather pads. My head start to hurt near my ears after a good time listening (~ 2 hours straight), it's less with the pleater but still notable alas.

Some eye candy

unmodded with case
headfi.jpg

modded with 'beerstand'
headfi2.jpg

more pictures can be found here

Apr 28, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #3 of 5
How long did you wait for the Headphile mod? I have a mint pair that I'm may send to Larry for modification. Do you recommend the BlackMax cable?

Apr 29, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveM324 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How long did you wait for the Headphile mod? I have a mint pair that I'm may send to Larry for modification. Do you recommend the black max cable?

I had to wait ~ 2½ to 3 months. the blackmax surely has some more speed and treble over the blackcopper; but when i ordered the first thing i told larry was that i thought my 'old' pair was 'done'. The older modded k340's had less treble impact over the newer ones even before i got the modded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back