2012 Headphone Meet @ LAX Hilton - Saturday, August 18, 2012 - OFFICIAL THREAD
Aug 18, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #466 of 483
Hey everyone,

That service elevator from the loading dock is bad news. If you need to unload, just come to the front entrance.

Head to the right side of the lobby and go down to floor LL. The meet is in the Plaza Ballroom.

If you need help, then park your car and come to the meet. There will be a few of us with carts that can help you lug in your equipment.

Aug 18, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #467 of 483
YO - gonna head there after a 1230 appt. I hope everybody's still hangin' tough around 2-230!! If I was still working for CEntrance we would have been involved with this meet for SURE.

Aug 18, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #468 of 483
One of the Brystons ended up at my table.  Signal path is MacBook Air/Amarra/Ayre QB-9, and it's driving HD-800s with a Cardas balanced cable.

Killer.  Well extended at both ends, revealing, great fidelity-to-source.  Listening to Sinatra right now, and it just sounds so right.  Even the distortion on "My Funny Valentine" when he overdrives the mic is rendered accurately.

Mine is supposed to ship on 8/31, and I think you can expect to see a well-pampered Luxman P-200 for sale shortly thereafter.

Aug 18, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #469 of 483
So much fun, lots of great gear and people. This was my first meet, and I wanted to thank everyone that let me plug into their rigs. I look forward to the next one. Highlights for me were Donald North's new Sonnet 2, really impressive in my opinion with my LCDs. I also enjoyed talking to Jeff and checking out his PS Audio Dac - really nice.  Thanks again all - just fantastic.

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #470 of 483
It was very fun! And I won the grand prize! A very great day!

Thank you to en
Thank you to everyone who organized it and came. And to Bellatone Audio!
Ben aka MacKat

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #471 of 483
Agreed with the above sentiments. Where's the impressions thread? I'd make one, but there's so much pressure: Making a catchy title, giving the proper introductions, not making fun of anyone. I'm not up for that.

Aug 18, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #472 of 483
Pitures Please
smile.gif

Aug 18, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #473 of 483
Quote:
It was very fun! And I won the grand prize! A very great day!

Excellent!  I won third prize, which was still way cool!  Thanks to everyone at Bellatone.  And Phil, I'll be making that post shortly...

Being my first meet, I didn't know what to expect at all.  I was a very laid back atmosphere, and everyone was super nice.  For everyone that has never been to a meet, I would highly suggest that you go if you get a chance - especially if you're a new member.  You're never gonna get a chance to talk to people in your other life about psychoacoustics.

Thanks again to Purrin for setting this all up.  Thanks to Jude for making a new member feel welcome.  And thanks to the guys working that otherwise thankless job at the registration desk.

Seriously, we should do this more often.  I volunteer to help out next time around. 
smile.gif
  Anyone else have cool recollections of the meet they want to share?

Aug 18, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #474 of 483
Quote:
Agreed with the above sentiments. Where's the impressions thread? I'd make one, but there's so much pressure: Making a catchy title, giving the proper introductions, not making fun of anyone. I'm not up for that.

I'd do it, but I'll reserve that honor for purrin. 
smile.gif

Quote:
Pitures Please
smile.gif

Unfortunately I didn't take any.  But I believe that Jude's got that covered.  I'm sure they'll be posted when he finds the time.  Did anyone else take pics?

Aug 18, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #476 of 483
Awesome meet, everyone was so nice and respectful too.  Thanks to the organizers!-Purrin & n3rdling as well as others. One of my favorite meets for sure.  Also to the vendors of course thanks go to bringing their stuff out and supporting the community-like Craig from Eddie Current, Justin from Headamp and Phil from Bellatone.  

Aug 18, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #477 of 483
There are many PS audio PerfectWave DACs today..... Coincidence??!!
The LCD3 X RWA combo is so sick!!!

Spent almost two hours just comparing the Orpheus, SR009 and R10......... 
o2smile.gif

I am so glad to see a rare L3000 in excellent condition.

Aug 18, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #478 of 483
First of all, it was great meeting everyone. I had a great time. 

It was awesome getting to hear so many top cans including the HE-90, 009, 007, R10, HD800, LCD-3, HE-6. 

A couple of my favorites were the Orpheus and the Balancing Act + HD800. 

I also got to hear the 009 from a ton of amps (T2, BHSE, Electra, LL, 727). If I were interested in the 009 i'd probably go for the Blue Hawaii, but partly due to looks. 

I came away really happy because I loved Super 7 (which I own) + HD800 combo. The HD800 will be my next purchase. 

I also had a good time comparing the UE18, UE11 and UERM. I ended up purchasing the UERM which sounded closest to my old UE10pro. 

Thank you to the organizers! I'll post some pics when I get home. 

Aug 19, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #479 of 483
^great choices! You'll see that a few of us have that pairing...

It was great to meet you and cool that you came from Connecticut! Someone came from Florida too. A few out-of-staters.

I heard a lot that I liked at this meet and now I know that it takes a lot to share gear- thank you to everyone who does!!!

And thanks to the organizers for such an amazing amount and quality of space...@purrin and TEAM!

The amount of space in each room was fantastic and the quality of people and stuff too. I could have and was mostly in our D-room and having a great time...

I still wish for two days so I can talk to everybody and hear everything. But I know how much it takes to pull off ONE day so am very grateful.

Now to process what I've learned.

Aug 19, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #480 of 483
This is my 1st meeting and I had a great time as well. BIG Thanks to all the organizers , members and members of the trade who shared their toys/products so we could all know more and experience some of the best head-fi equipment out there.

I was particularly happy and find myself very lucky to have heard some of the best , if not the best electrostatic gears from Eddie Current, Cavalli Audio, HeadAmp , KG DIYS, Sennheiser and Stax.

Again thanks to everyone for sharing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back