32 Ohm Audio - CAUGHT ON TAPE!!
May 23, 2010 at 1:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Tweakers stole our Macbook (music server) at the store and used a BABY stroller to do it! check out the video on the 32 Ohm Audio Facebook page. Ok its pretty entertaing and sad. wow unbelievable.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
May 23, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #2 of 18
goddamn..sorry about the loss Ken..
frown.gif

Any leads on catching those turds.

May 23, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #4 of 18
That's quite something. Amusingly enough, there were probably some headphones in the store that cost more. Looks like the camera got a pretty good look at them - hopefully you catch those pathetic thieves.

May 23, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #5 of 18

Quote:
That's quite something. Amusingly enough, there were probably some headphones in the store that cost more. Looks like the camera got a pretty good look at them - hopefully you catch those pathetic thieves.

Hehh yeah, thanks guys. It was crazy because I have a Ear Max Pro Silver Edition like 3 feet from the rather old Macbook they took. The cool thing about all this is that I let Fox 12 News know about it and they came and did interviews and aired to footage on the TV tonight. Would be nice to get a "oh there is a audio shop close by" bump, we need it!

Looks like I will have to upgrade my Macbook :wink:

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

May 23, 2010 at 2:13 AM Post #7 of 18
Wow, that is messed up.  The one that actually pulled the gear and put it in the stroller was smooth.  He even did the extra loitering before leaving.  I used to see shoplifting all the time at my dad's stores when he used to own them before deciding to move on to another more lucrative venture, but this is up there on the fluidity of their actions.

Stupid tweakers.  I've seen one break a car window to steal change and a candy bar.  Sorry about your loss, hopefully they'll get prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

May 23, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #8 of 18
wow Ken, that sux mate!! pretty good surveillance tape though, insurance should come to the party and I imagine the payout will be more than the old MBP is worth? hehe yeah clueless tweakers had no idea of the stuff they actually missed in the store, though much harder to get rid of quickly and change into rock I guess

May 23, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #9 of 18
Thats a real bummer. You almost have to put security tags on everything with a detector by the door now a days.

May 24, 2010 at 5:05 AM Post #11 of 18
Sorry about the loss!
Hope the tape help the police to nail the damn thieves.

May 24, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #13 of 18

May 24, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #15 of 18

Quote:
BTW what is the meaning of tweaker?

It is a person who does crank or meth. If your ever around them for a period of time you will know why they are tweaked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back