3x DUNU DN2000J channel imbalance
Jun 29, 2022 at 1:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Issa13

New Head-Fier
Hi there!

I'm hoping for constructive information, help and feedback on this.

Here's the case: I own 2 pairs of the amazing DN-2000J IEM by DUNU. Why 2 pairs? Because of my problems with channel imbalance.

My first pair started suffering from channel imbalance after within like 8 months, and so I got them fixed by sending them to the support team at DUNU. Once returned to me they worked for about as long and then the same issue reappeared. I got my first pair serviced (not replaced by DUNU) two times over before I gave up on them. By that point I was completely in love with the sound and got kind of desperate, so I ordered a second pair.

My second pair has worked flawlessly (for 1.5 ish years) until today, when that same type of channel imbalance appeared.
I thought I was just unlucky with my first pair and I was actually thankful for the high quality service given to me by DUNU.

My own two pairs sharing the same defect now seems improbable; if this were an isolated issue with these headphones.

So: has any other owner of the DN-series had similar problems with their units? I did not expect a potential lack in reliability or quality control by DUNU given their seemingly universally good reputation online but it is possible, I suppose.

And does anyone have any advice on IEM channel imbalance in general? Known causes or how to fix it et cetera.

Sincerely
Gustav Friberg

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2022 at 1:27 PM Post #2 of 2
I have 2 possible theories why it might had happened (other than your units being defective):

1.Condensation issues
Sometimes cold metal IEM being in contact with warm skin gives effect called condensation. In other words, in case of metal IEMs you may find water inside nozzles after loger use. It is possible that one of your ears causes stronger condensation and water in the nozzle causes channel imbalance.

2.Natural channel imbalance
Many people have slighly stronger hearing in one ear. It is very common and normal. However, fact that in case of one pair this appeared after 1.5 years makes that theory less probable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back