A Story about a pair of Sennheiser IE8, and how to make them sound good. Same for Ie80
Dec 28, 2014 at 10:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Dobrescu George

Reviewer: AudiophileHeaven
This could be a story of love and hate, friendship and learning from mistakes, but i guess that it will not.

It just occured to me that someone is bound to make the same mistake as me.

I own sennheiser ie8 for 5 years... i have never been happy with them until today.. what happened, might the curious ask, well, i just tried all the tips that came with them, and by mistake, i left the big foam tips on them. truth be told, my gf asked me for something to block noise, and i thoiught that black foam with ie8 might be good. then, today, i tried listening to them like this. At first it hurt, the foam was pretty hard, [it is like -5 C outside]... but then... the quality, the amazing bass and the amazing treble, and so clear mids... 

Then it occured to me, that i am not the only one that might overlook tip trying with an IEM... with every other tip, the sound was lacking something, either bass, either soundstage, either treble, either was hollow, not as it should have been, compared to my ultrasone dj one pro, but with the black foam tips, the sound was so amazingly good.

of course i needed to do some eq on my x5, but the fact that i discovered the foam tips is so much eye opening. 

the sound with the black foam tips of ie8 is like having all the details, every little detail in there, and the soundstage is amazing. 

As far as i know the ie80 is pretty much a better ie8, so similar thing should work with them too.

I wanted to make a special thread for this, because i have missed so much out of my ie8 these years for not doing such a simple thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back