Admit to it: you wear headphones in public that you shouldn't!
Jan 4, 2006 at 3:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 308

Mercuttio

Key Conspirator in the Quest to Murder Music
Admit it!

You wear gigantic, probably-not-best-suited for public, or open headphones in public.

You probably shouldn't, and you get lots of funny looks, but you do. Sound trumps fashion, of course!

I can't be the only one wearing rediculously large headphones around. I know there are more of you. Raise your hands! Be proud!

Jan 4, 2006 at 4:16 PM Post #3 of 308
SR-80s.

My friend used to wear his HD600s in public!
tongue.gif

Jan 4, 2006 at 4:21 PM Post #4 of 308
I have worn Beyer DT770's in public! (On airplanes). But it was too much. I have scaled back to Senn HD-25-1's.

Jan 4, 2006 at 4:21 PM Post #5 of 308
Used to wear the gold bling - SR325i. Even I got too shamed to do it after a while.

Jan 4, 2006 at 4:28 PM Post #6 of 308
I wear a pair of woodied hd650's. I know I look dumb, but its ok, I am dumb. When people ask about them I tell them that walmart has them for 50 dollars. Sometimes the jokes on me however, some people will actually be shocked that somebody would spend $50 on headphones.

Jan 4, 2006 at 4:31 PM Post #7 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaroncort
I wear a pair of woodied hd650's. I know I look dumb, but its ok, I am dumb. When people ask about them I tell them that walmart has them for 50 dollars. Sometimes the jokes on me however, some people will actually be shocked that somebody would spend $50 on headphones.

Nice! I told someone that I got my Beyer 770s from Target recently, actually. Seems better for people not to know how much they actually cost on the Subway...

Jan 4, 2006 at 4:32 PM Post #8 of 308
I worn HD202 and an iRiver mp3-player that was the size of half a cup... serious dork warning!!
biggrin.gif

Sennheiser_HD_202_Closed_Headphones_Headphones1.jpe

I've sold this setup to my sister though ... now she's the dork!!

Jan 4, 2006 at 4:40 PM Post #9 of 308
I was actually helping a young lady find some headphones the other day. I suggested the Koss KSC-75 as they dont look awful and could hide under her hat or hair. I was rather shocked by the "they aren't big enough" response I got. "Sorry?" I stuttered. "You know, the big ones. The big ones look far nicer." Slightly shocked I suggest the HD 201s. So maybe we aren't all dorks afterall.

Jan 4, 2006 at 4:42 PM Post #10 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Comrade Penguin
I was actually helping a young lady find some headphones the other day. I suggested the Koss KSC-75 and they dont look awful and could hide under her hat or hair. I was rather shocked by the "they aren't big enough" response I got. "Sorry?" I stuttered. "You know, the big ones. The big ones look far nicer." Slightly shocked I suggest the HD 201s. So maybe we aren't all dorks afterall.

No joke - right now my sister is the hit of the Asian American Film Community for wearing the Darth Beyers around - and they groove when they plug it into their DAPs. She routinely escapes offers for them by saying "they're my brother's..." yeah right, I haven't seen them for 4 months!
mad.gif

Jan 4, 2006 at 4:43 PM Post #11 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by NilsTentacles
I worn HD202 and an iRiver mp3-player that was the size of half a cup... serious dork warning!!
biggrin.gif

my freind always wears his HD-202s in public. He somehow does not look like a dork with them on, and his long hair hids the sticky-outy-ness so it looks normal. Lucky him!

Jan 4, 2006 at 4:43 PM Post #12 of 308
I've actually walked through the Atlanta airport wearing a pair of Jecklin Floats, but that was mostly to see how people would react. And yes, it was much as you would expect. Lots of people pointing fingers and laughing, but it was still fun!

Now-a-days, I'm set up just fine with the UE10-Pros! They're actually so good that they really shouldn't be worn in public either. You can easily get lost in the music and either start singing (bad move) or dancing (really bad move) while waiting in line somewhere.

Jan 4, 2006 at 4:44 PM Post #13 of 308
Used MS-1s on the tube once on my way to work.

Got a lot of strange looks.

Didnt hear much either because the damn central line is so friggen loud...

never did it again!

Jan 4, 2006 at 5:05 PM Post #14 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by NilsTentacles
biggrin.gif

You know, I see almost as many if not more of that body-type of Sennheiser (202 and 212 mostly) in NYC as I do Bose Triports.

Jan 4, 2006 at 5:15 PM Post #15 of 308
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
You know, I see almost as many if not more of that body-type of Sennheiser (202 and 212 mostly) in NYC as I do Bose Triports.

Ditto here in Boston. I've seen an HD-497 walkin around, and some nice looking silvery sony headphones. I've only seen 1 tri-port actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back