Advice for Headphones 300E
Feb 16, 2022 at 10:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

TosicBob

New Head-Fier
Goodmorning everyone!
I would like to buy headphones and a dac / amp (if needed) for a total budget of € 300, maximum € 350.
I would use them mainly for playing games and listening to music.
Both open and closed back are fine, as long as they are comfortable, especially with glasses.
I tried the DT 990s and found them pretty comfortable, but buying them it remains a budget of 200€, that is the twice that i would spend on headphones, that seems to me a little bit too overkill, so something comfortable as them, but better (?)
I would buy from Amazon.it
Thanks to everyone!

Feb 16, 2022 at 7:08 PM Post #2 of 3
In your budget, I would look at the Philips SHP9500 or 9600. Should be about 100 euro and they don't require an amp. Upgrade that gives more is the X2HR but it's twice the price.

Sennheiser HD58X is another option.

Feb 17, 2022 at 1:50 AM Post #3 of 3
In your budget, I would look at the Philips SHP9500 or 9600. Should be about 100 euro and they don't require an amp. Upgrade that gives more is the X2HR but it's twice the price.

Sennheiser HD58X is another option.
Thanks, as I said I can even spend the twice or thrice as soon they don't need an amp or a 50/100€ would be enough (i will upgrade it afterwards)
What would be the best headphones with those requirements at 200/300€?
For curiosity, you would advise to buy better headphones with a worse dac/amp and later upgrade it or, buy worse headphones with a good dac/amp and after upgrade the headphones?
If it matters, i listen to music at a low level, so I don't think I need that much power (for comparison trying to use the 990 Pro directly on PC i can set the volume at 22/100 and it's loud enough for me)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back