ALO RWA Super iMods
May 1, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #31 of 52
Well that depends on wether or not it is form fitting.... I have an 'Elan Form' for my 160gb Classic and it doesn't fit.

I love this imod, I just put a brand new front on it and ordered a Vaja case to suit the 5g 80gb which will work (unless I'm told otherwise) Expensive cases
eek.gif

May 1, 2010 at 2:32 PM Post #32 of 52
The same VibeVault works for this 240 iMod as my iPod Classic 160.

May 1, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #34 of 52
Vaja case works great for 240 iMod. I just got one a couple of weeks ago. Perfect fit.

May 4, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #36 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by skoog5600 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SpudHarris - I had the same problem with trying to Rockbox my 120GB IMOD from ALO/RWA. Here is a thread which answered my question and I was able to rockbox it no problem:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/ro...8/#post6549108

Skoog

Hey Guys,

I am getting a lot of people buying iMods and loading RockBox on the imods and running into many problems and then coming to me saying the iMod is the problem. I just want to go on the record as saying that I am not supporting RockBox, and do not recommend it. While it may or may not work smoothly with the larger 240gig iMods I can say that both Vinnie nor I will be able to provide support for people having problems with RockBox.

If you plan to buy a imod load RockBox on it at your own risk.

thank you and sorry if this sounds snarky
tongue_smile.gif

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
May 10, 2010 at 2:48 AM Post #38 of 52
Will they do hard disc refit for imod. Mine is 60 Gb and is toooo small. Do they have the service to fit 240 Gb hard disc in imod?

Aug 22, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #40 of 52
Yes, RWA will put in a larger HD if it fits into your iPod case - assuming they still do the service.  That's exactly what Vinnie did for me and he did a great job.  Email him for details.

Sep 30, 2010 at 9:41 AM Post #42 of 52
Vinnie,
I have a techie friend who builds computers.  If he follows the directions on the Apricorn disc and uses the Apricorn kit, will he be able to put the upgraded drive and battery into my 80gig video without interfering with the imod upgrades...any advice? 

Nov 11, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #44 of 52

Quote:
Vinnie,
I have a techie friend who builds computers.  If he follows the directions on the Apricorn disc and uses the Apricorn kit, will he be able to put the upgraded drive and battery into my 80gig video without interfering with the imod upgrades...any advice? 

Yes - but he really needs to be careful in there... or else it gets expensive.  Contact me if you would like me to do the installation...

Quote:
is the super imod 240gb still available?

Yes - ALO has them on their site AFAIK... if not, contact Ken because I sent him a new batch, but they sell out quick...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back