ALO SXC Cryo Products
Jan 4, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #61 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by palestofwhite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I should be ordering an iMod SXC line out dock soon. My iPod is on it's way to RWA for iMod.

HUH??? What did I miss?? Went on the ALO website and didn't see the Imod SXC LOD. Is it available?? How much??? 18g or 22g??

Jan 4, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #62 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HUH??? What did I miss?? Went on the ALO website and didn't see the Imod SXC LOD. Is it available?? How much??? 18g or 22g??

Second from the top HERE

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jan 4, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #63 of 102
I will be ordering one next week! I actually had a DIYed SXC 22G (non iMod) from a local appreciator. It sounded really good with my 5.5G.

Now that I've sent my 5.5G to RWA for an iMod, and I really wanted to see what an 18G SXC with Blackgates and Cryo treatment can do.

Jan 4, 2009 at 10:27 AM Post #64 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by KB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Second from the top HERE

Thanks

Ken

DUUUH--was looking under the "cable" sections. Thanks.

Jan 4, 2009 at 2:21 PM Post #65 of 102
So... tnmike1, going for one as well?
biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #66 of 102
Hi,
i own one Jumbo Cryo x Silver iPod Dock and want to know what are the main sound differences bw it and ALO Cryo SXC 18G cable ?
Does it worth the jump, because for me cosmetic issue (patina) on the copper cables is not a problem.
Thank you.

Jan 4, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #67 of 102
Quote:

So... tnmike1, going for one as well?
biggrin.gif

Don't know. Ken made the Imod Jmbo Cotton dock which I currently have. Only problem is, the jack is huge, as is my Switchcraft plug on my Apuresound Ety 4p which means I lose tons of space on the front of my Hornet amp. BUT my Jumbo is well broken in and mellow.

So--do I drop about 200 for a new dock, or keep the Cotton Jumbo?? Don't know. Still thinking about it

Jan 4, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #68 of 102
^ why don't you have the Ety cable reterminated to an smaller 1/8" plug. Or you could look for an SR71 to accomodate both of your current plugs. Lastly use your Reference, it should be able to accomodate both plugs.
wink.gif

Jan 4, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #69 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rico67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,
i own one Jumbo Cryo x Silver iPod Dock and want to know what are the main sound differences bw it and ALO Cryo SXC 18G cable ?
Does it worth the jump, because for me cosmetic issue (patina) on the copper cables is not a problem.
Thank you.

See post #5 http://www.head-fi.org/forums/4780321-post5.html

Jan 5, 2009 at 6:01 AM Post #71 of 102
Hi,

According to Ken (ALO) and Vinnie (RWA), the iMod cables will work for normal iPods but non-iMod cables should not be used on an iMod.

As to what the blackgates in iMod cables can do to the normal iPod, I'm not sure.

I will be getting an SXC 18G iMod LOD soon and hope for my iMod to be done in the next few weeks so I can share more with you.

Regards.

Jan 5, 2009 at 9:03 AM Post #72 of 102
Quote:

Hi,

According to Ken (ALO) and Vinnie (RWA), the iMod cables will work for normal iPods but non-iMod cables should not be used on an iMod.

As to what the blackgates in iMod cables can do to the normal iMod, I'm not sure.

I will be getting an SXC 18G iMod LOD soon and hope for my iMod to be done in the next few weeks so I can share more with you.

Regards.

Regards.

some say caps, even on a normal ipod, improve the sound nontheless - I believe it shouldn't damage anything, but I haven't tried.

Jan 5, 2009 at 1:22 PM Post #73 of 102
Mathematical, it's never good to add caps in the signal path...
it's decrease the coupling caps value and increase the frequencie break point.
So as there are soon caps in the regular ipod, it's not a good idea to use an imod cable.

Jan 5, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #74 of 102
Have used my Jumbo Imod Cryodock on my Nano for long time. No problems, no worries. Just kinda big for the little Nano

Jan 5, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #75 of 102
Hi,

Actually I'm quite worried about the 18G SXC cables. I'm not sure if it'll fit the i-Qube and 5.5G iMod nicely.

If you stack the iMod which has the line out in the middle of the unit, and the i-Qube which has the input jack to the left of the unit, the SXC wires may have to twist sideways which I don't know if they're going to cause strains on both the dock and the line-in.

Regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back