Amp/DAC combo upgrade from the magni/modi?
Jan 5, 2017 at 3:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

5370H55V

100+ Head-Fier
I've had the original magni/modi combo for at least 3 years now and I'm looking to upgrade. I was looking at the Jotunheim but I dislike its larger size and I'm wary of getting the same RF interference issues I experienced with the schiit stack. So what are some good recommendations for a amp/DAC combo (either separate or integrated units) that pairs well with the HD650's for under $450 total? Preferably something that is stacked vertically like the schiit stack instead of being wide and flat that takes up a large desktop footprint.

Jan 5, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #2 of 4
Replace the Magni with a Darkvoice 336SE tube amplifier, $240.

Jan 5, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #4 of 4
  I've had the original magni/modi combo for at least 3 years now and I'm looking to upgrade. I was looking at the Jotunheim but I dislike its larger size and I'm wary of getting the same RF interference issues I experienced with the schiit stack. So what are some good recommendations for a amp/DAC combo (either separate or integrated units) that pairs well with the HD650's for under $450 total? Preferably something that is stacked vertically like the schiit stack instead of being wide and flat that takes up a large desktop footprint.

AudioGD NFB-11 if you can have it taking up real estate to the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back