ANCIENT PCDP help...
Mar 14, 2003 at 7:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Entropism

100+ Head-Fier
My uncle got one of the first pcdps as a bonus from his company about oh, 15 years ago? All I know is that it was a Sony, came in a huge shoulder bag, with about 15 Lbs or more of CD player, Batteries, etc inside. Seriously, this thing was a brick. Does anyone know which player this was, and how much it's worth? He thinks he still has it in his house, and he's only used it once or twice.

Thanks in advance, folks. =)

Mar 14, 2003 at 7:46 AM Post #2 of 8
Was it the D-50 by any chance?

sonyd5.jpg

Mar 14, 2003 at 7:54 AM Post #4 of 8
Didn't jog your memory? That's the first Sony PCDP and the biggest I think.

I think there's more of a collector's interest in this model because it's just so big...hard to warrant portable use. Vwap has one up for sale for 70 some dollars, but I don't think any has bitten yet. There's one on ebay, though it looks sort of scuffed up (the model number is D-5 though, I'm not exactly sure the difference - maybe NA and Japanese model numbers?). Anyone have any prices to list that they've seen one go for?

Some of the old Sony's go for very high prices nowadays though - A D-555 can fetch upwards to $250.

Mar 14, 2003 at 7:57 AM Post #5 of 8
Well, as I said, my uncle asked me because he THINKS he knows where it is, and wouldnt mind any extra cash. Once he dins it I'll get the model number. Figured there couldn't be too many 15+ Lb shoulder bag encased pcdps around though.
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2003 at 8:00 AM Post #6 of 8
Yeah there was a pic of the D-50 and someone using a shoulder strap thing with it in the Legendary Discman sticky, but most of the pictures in that thread aren't working anymore
frown.gif

Mar 14, 2003 at 4:50 PM Post #8 of 8
Yep.. I don't know if it's even worth $70.. but it's not gonna hurt me sitting in a box like it's been for a while..
smily_headphones1.gif

I haven't seen many in exceptional condition.. so I figure that's gotta count for something.
biggrin.gif

Anyhow.. best of luck sellin' it!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back