Another "Reccomend me a headphone" thread
Sep 17, 2011 at 4:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ilikepooters

500+ Head-Fier
Now i've got used to the Hifiman planars i fear i've driven myself up a one way street, i'm liking all the treble detail and the excellent mids, but the bass is just so... absent.

Would there happen to be another headphone out there with the same amount of detail in the mids and treble but with more bass quantity?

I fear i won't be able to go back to dynamics after hearing a planar, so it's dawning on me that an LCD-2 might be my only option (If it's bassy'er)

Any other suggestions?

Sep 17, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #2 of 5
LCD-2
T50RP

Sep 17, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #4 of 5
Heya,

Quote:
Now i've got used to the Hifiman planars i fear i've driven myself up a one way street, i'm liking all the treble detail and the excellent mids, but the bass is just so... absent.

Would there happen to be another headphone out there with the same amount of detail in the mids and treble but with more bass quantity?

I fear i won't be able to go back to dynamics after hearing a planar, so it's dawning on me that an LCD-2 might be my only option (If it's bassy'er)

Any other suggestions?

HifiMAN HE-500 has your bass. While still being comfortable, with the wonderful excellent mids & treble. But oh the bass. Toss her on a high output amplifer and it will just fill your senses to the point of weeping.

I guess budget is more important to talk about first though.

Very best,

Sep 17, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
Heya,

HifiMAN HE-500 has your bass. While still being comfortable, with the wonderful excellent mids & treble. But oh the bass. Toss her on a high output amplifer and it will just fill your senses to the point of weeping.

I guess budget is more important to talk about first though.

Very best,

They're £775 in the UK from AmpCity, so whatever i'd get for the HE5LE's i could save up the rest. Or possibly keep an eye out for a used pair on here if they ever show up for sale from an EU seller.

HE-500's are easier to drive aswell aren't they?

I've got a better Amp/DAC on the way, Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1.

Maximum output power:   1000mW x 2 (32 ohms), 500mW x 2 (300 ohms), 300mW x 2 (600 ohms)

Those are the specs from their website, power any good? a good step up from an E9 and EF2A i'm guessing. I'm still learning all this impedence and power lark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back