any amp with good bass and being musical?
May 5, 2010 at 11:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

superjohny

500+ Head-Fier
i've did some research over the net and found out gs-1,gs-x have been analytical , or not very musical.

any other amps in the $1000 to $2000 range being musical and has good punchy base?

BUDA?or WA22?

May 5, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #2 of 7
You have to look at the whole system, including the headphones. Especially the headphones.

May 5, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #4 of 7
I highly recommend the Leben CS300 or CS300X. You would have to order it from Price Japan (here) and use a voltage transformer, but I have tried quite a few amps with the D7000s and the Leben is my favorite. Do some searching on it. I think it might be exactly what you are looking for.

Probably there are other options too but this is the one I feel is the best.

May 7, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #6 of 7
When I moved to the CS300X-Ltd from the CS300, I definitely felt there was a improvement in overall refinement but I never really A/B tested them so it would be hard to separate out my joy of actually securing such a hard-to find amp. I absolutely loved the CS300, so I think you can do no wrong with either. I have read elsewhere some claiming to prefer the CS300.

Both the Leben and Zana offer amazing clarity but perhaps the Leben gives just a bit more 'color'... hard to put into words. Again, they are at different locations (home and office) so I have never really given a good A/B comparison. However, without a doubt I would keep the Leben if I could only have one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back