Any recommendations for a good headphone amplifier?
Jun 24, 2023 at 11:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

War Pig

New Head-Fier
Now let me start off with saying this, I'm not very well knowledged in this area, I'm kinda new to hifi, so yes I'm a noob, but i have looked around quite a lot, but many things i find on the internet are specifically about devices from this year, the year doesn't really matter to me, what does matter is the following:

Logically it should give great sound.

It should have inputs and outputs of tulip, 3.5mm, 4.4mm and 6.3mm, so that i can use it with all kinds of headphones and devices.

An adjustable equalizer would be nice, kinda like the one Spotify has, tho i haven't seen many devices that could do that, maybe a seperate device that would pair well with the amp.

I'm planning on using it with my laptop, phone, turntable and perhaps cassette players if i get one in the future. So it doesn't really need to be portable. My current headphone is the Sennheiser hd569, which doesn't really ask for a lot of power, so I'd like to be able to use low power and high power headphones with the device.

All in all my budget would be max 700 (a little over doesn't matter) but it could be of any price range, if it's only 200 euros, great! If it's 725 that's also ok. This could also just be the total of a collection of different devices that would together fulfill my preferences. I don't know if I'm asking the impossible, but i won't know if i don't try.

I would be very grateful for some recommendations.

Greetings and salutations,

War Pig

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2023 at 1:10 AM Post #2 of 2
I use a Topping D30Pro A30Pro stack and could be happier with it. It has all 3 plugs you mention and full power on each of them, no need to buy balanced cables.
I'd use software to equalize, an xlr tone control might be possible to find, but APO and Peace are free and so much more powerful and easy with presets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back