Any streamers with local UI?
Jan 18, 2023 at 11:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

KTpG

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a streamer with an easy to use "local" UI (e.g. touchscreen interface, buttons, etc.) for use on my desk. I figure that since I will be just a foot or two from the unit at all times, it would be easier to interact directly with it instead of having to rely on a computer or phone app, but haven't seen very many options. It looks like the Hifi Rose line might work, but they're a bit pricey for an office system. I know there's also the custom route using a Raspberry Pi or other small computer with a small standalone touchscreen, but the cost of that can add up quickly now, and the potential need to mess with Linux software to get everything working makes that a less attractive option (though, still one I'm considering). Anyway, was just curious if anyone else was aware of an off the shelf streamer with a local UI.

Jan 18, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #2 of 4
I'm also aware that a DAP could be used in this setting, and that's what I've done so far. But, I was looking for a more permanent option that doesn't rely on battery power, for instance. Even keeping the DAP powered all the time is a bit inconvenient since the charging cable connection usually prevents propping the unit up to allow easy browsing.

Jan 19, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #4 of 4
Interesting... I had not seen this product and have had good experience with Fiio DAPs in the past. Unfortunately, it's tower-style case won't work very well with my current desk layout, but I'll keep this one in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back