Anybody got Sennheiser PX100 from China?
Jan 30, 2007 at 2:57 PM Post #2 of 27
I would pay some extra money and have the piece of mind knowing I have a genuine product.

Jan 30, 2007 at 3:20 PM Post #5 of 27
History is fun.

....simplistically.

From the United States point of view, it used to be that made in the USA was good and made in Japan was bad. And then made in Japan was good but made in Taiwan or Hong Kong was bad. Then made in Taiwan or Hong Kong was good but made in Singapore was bad.

...add your own names and dates if you'd like....

Now made in China is bad.

...actually China makes some excellent products as long as a major component of the product isn't the designed-in search for more profits!!

But....a lot of companies are now thinking that even making in China is getting too expensive!.....Notice all the new emphasis on Africa!!?

-----------

of course, pirates are able to roam free.

Jan 30, 2007 at 3:21 PM Post #6 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i was looking at those too. The earpieces are connected the wrong way to the headband. check other pictures of the REAL px100 to compare

Yes... From the photo of genuine px100s, the "Sennheiser" letters and logo should be upside down when folded and placed flat on table. Can any px100 owner confirm this?

From my experience, anything that comes in plastic bags w/o retail packaging are already fake... 95% of the time.

Jan 30, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #7 of 27
The only way to know is from somebody who've actually got this..
Could the headband issues be the production batch defective or something like that?
Also, there are several MDR-E888 floating around on eBay at the low price as well...
confused.gif

Jan 30, 2007 at 3:52 PM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by derek8555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I messaged that guy on eBay, and he said he bought it from someone in USA and apparently he "doesn't know anything"

That sounds kinda fishy? I would buy used in the FS forum.

Jan 30, 2007 at 4:16 PM Post #10 of 27
Well...

The headband on mine has "sennheiser" written upside down. And I am pretty sure they all have.

So I guess they are fake. I can not be sure though. I would not take the risk.

Just buy a pair of real ones. They aren't that expensive after all and then you are sure you've got a good product.

Edit: The "sennheiser" can be written upside down and the regular way. Both are real. So I can't tell you whether these are fake or not.

Jan 30, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #11 of 27
Yeah, my brother bought a pair of those from another seller (I don't have access to his eBay account, so I don't have the seller name presently). He claimed they were "OEM". My brother took some pictures and sent them to Sennheiser Canada, who forwarded the pictures to Sennheiser Germany and confirmed they were fakes. Besides the obvious sound quality and cosmetic differences on the headphones themselves, it is obvious even the country of origin is fake. Supposedly they were made Taiwan, but the package has labels printed in simplified Chinese. Sennheiser Canada has provided my brother with a Purolator number, and they'll be exchanged for some real ones, so I recommend anyone who's bought these to contact Sennheiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back