Anybody got Sennheiser PX100 from China?
Sep 4, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by NEO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only way to know is from somebody who've actually got this..
Could the headband issues be the production batch defective or something like that?
Also, there are several MDR-E888 floating around on eBay at the low price as well...
confused.gif

Even if these are not 'fake' my recent experience of trying to buy a 'backup' pair of E888 was a disappointment as they were of poor build quality. Save a little longer and buy from a reputable dealer.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 4, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvs_75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought for my brother two days ago from ebay in antistatic bag from TAIWAN and they are FAKE!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Just got full refund and now my brother have FREE Fake PX100!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 4, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #18 of 27
Always buy headphones from a reputable authorized dealer. Steer completely clear of eBay for any of our products with PX, CX, OMX or MX prefixes.

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery...but it is also the worst quality. Think: "Puff Daddy".

Don't waste your time with fakes from the far east. Get the real thing, which we will support with a warranty. When your fake CX300 or PX100 breaks in 3 days, who will help you?

If the price is too good to be true, it in fact is.

Sep 4, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #20 of 27
^That make me think about fake wooden Grados.The new ones (the redesigned RS2/RS1s) look so badly build that a Chinese fake one may look better
icon10.gif
It may not sound as good but i'm sure they will be much cheaper
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 4, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagasaki_Kid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It would be funny if the chinese came out with fake Bose triport

They probably exist but of course most head-fiers don't buy Bose products so we wouldn't know.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 10, 2007 at 7:24 AM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvs_75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got full refund and now my brother have FREE Fake PX100!
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by CingKrab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My brother took some pictures and sent them to Sennheiser Canada, who forwarded the pictures to Sennheiser Germany and confirmed they were fakes.... Sennheiser Canada has provided my brother with a Purolator number, and they'll be exchanged for some real ones, so I recommend anyone who's bought these to contact Sennheiser.

Am I the only one who put these two stages together as a recipie for free PX 100s?

Oct 10, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by WiredMonk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I the only one who put these two stages together as a recipie for free PX 100s?

... yeah
gave it a shot but didn't work for me
never got my money back and this is the response i got from sennheiser:

[size=xx-small]I am 99 % sure that they are fake. The sticker (?) that says PX 100 is not supposed to be a sticker.

Thank you.

Ilana Geller
Coordonatrice des Services Techniques
Coordinator of Technical Services
Sennheiser (Canada) Inc.
Tel: 1-800-463-1006 x237
Fax: 1-800-463-3013[/size]

So basicaly i'm stuck with ok sounding fakes from china for 23$
should have just bought the new fx66s instead

Oct 10, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #25 of 27
I was burned on eBay recently and got a set of fake PX100. They are a sad and pale version of the real thing.

Oct 12, 2007 at 2:34 PM Post #26 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by WiredMonk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eh, still a decent deal, I guess... you get the cool look and you could always modd it with Koss 75's or something.

I was thinking about that but I won't because I'm pretty sure these things will fall apart soon. They look just about ready to crack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back