Anybody tried/have the new Sony XB41ex or the XB21ex??
Aug 20, 2011 at 10:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

sulkoudai

500+ Head-Fier
anybody tried these 'Xtra Bass' iems that came out January this year??

there seems to be no impression of these iems online (according to google and head fi search)....

Sep 3, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #6 of 17

Quote:
I'm saving up for a new pair of iems and i don't wanna spend 50 bucks just to try it out....

i wanted to know about these Sonys cause i was thinking my sister would like it

Try the used IEM FS forum for a pair of UE FF 10's.

Sep 3, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #7 of 17
I tried both. But somehow I liked the XB21 more than the XB41. The 41 have more bass, but it seems less controlled, with very unrefined mids and highs (21 seems to be controlled better). The bass is definitely XB, and reaches very low. Good for bass heads only I suppose. Average bass quality.

Sep 3, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #8 of 17

Quote:
I tried both. But somehow I liked the XB21 more than the XB41. The 41 have more bass, but it seems less controlled, with very unrefined mids and highs (21 seems to be controlled better). The bass is definitely XB, and reaches very low. Good for bass heads only I suppose. Average bass quality.

I initially wanted to go for Hippo's but they arent available here , so ill just get them later , for now i narrowed my choices to Xb's cuz i can get these from my local stores.
I really love a deep sounding bass,  the one that rumbles , im not really into mid bass.

Xymordos do you have any experience with hippo's and how they stack against xb's ,

Sep 3, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #9 of 17

Quote:

do you think they are worth the money?? (21 for 30 bucks and 41 for 50 bucks??)

Sep 4, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #11 of 17
Never tried the hippos...what are they?
XB21 and XB41 are worth the money if you're a bass head. Their soundstage is quite good, but lacks resolution. 

Sep 4, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #12 of 17

Quote:
Never tried the hippos...what are they?
XB21 and XB41 are worth the money if you're a bass head. Their soundstage is quite good, but lacks resolution. 

Here u go , on the hippos,
http://anythingbutipod.com/2009/11/crossroads-mylarone-bijou-23-quattro-hippo-vb-hippo-boom-review/
They are quite famous for their earth shattering bass.

Hydrocharged at headfi forums
http://www.head-fi.org/t/558931/sony-xb40ex-vs-klipsch-s4-vs-meelectronics-m31-vs-fischer-eternas-vs-hippo-vb-vs-radius-atomic
recommended M11+ over the xb's , im getting a nice set of alternatives here :)  just need to focus down to one specific model :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back