Are IEMs that bad?
Nov 16, 2006 at 10:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

3X0

Headphoneus Supremus
I was told that, for judging sound quality of a source, my iM716 and ER4P were among the worst possible options on the market and basically overpriced worthless "low-end" audio equipment.

Is this true? I've been using my ER4 instead of fullsize headphones to analyze sound quality for the longest time.

Nov 16, 2006 at 10:01 AM Post #2 of 5
Er no, the iM716s are regarded as one of the best value IEMs on the market, even after their price hike.

Nov 16, 2006 at 10:07 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

I was told that, for judging sound quality of a source, my iM716 and ER4P were among the worst possible options on the market and basically overpriced worthless "low-end" audio equipment.

Whoever said that is completely full of it.

Nov 16, 2006 at 10:20 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0

Not true at all I'd say.

Nov 16, 2006 at 12:35 PM Post #5 of 5
The more time you spend reading head-fi posts, the more you realize that audio truth is not derived from others' opinions. No one else hears what you hear, particularly with IEMs. Trust your ears, Grasshopper.*

*Grasshopper is a somewhat obscure reference to an old television program, King Fu. During flashbacks, the Shaolin master would address a young Kane, the now adult protagonist, as Grasshopper when imparting wisdom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back