Are Irivers better then iPods?
Sep 29, 2010 at 7:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

TheDreamthinker

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi Folks,

My question is whether the iriver is better than iPod (in general). 
I own an old iPod nano 3G at the moment and i just wanna know what kind of mp3 to take if this one breaks.

A would also appreciate other options...

Thanks
beerchug.gif

Sep 29, 2010 at 9:21 AM Post #3 of 17
True. Old Irivers were great but new Irivers still sound better than Ipods. I did a direct comparison between a new Itouch and the Iriver E100. On normal equalizer settings, the difference in sound was negligible. However, use any of Itouch equalizer settings and distortion was immediately apparent when the Iriver remained relatively clean sounding with EQ adjustments.

Korea has 2 Iriver-killers right now, Cowon and Samsung. Cowon and Samsung currently have the best sounding mp3 players I have heard. Unparralleled sound enhancements are available on their players. Ie Cowon J3 and Samsung P3. IMO these players trump American and Japanese mp3 player offerings such as Sony and Zune

Oct 1, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #9 of 17
I think the Cowon sound more analytic and the Samsung sounds smoother. That is the difference that I heard between a Samsung P2 and a Cowon S9 (exactly one step down from P3 and J3). I was not used to the highs of the Cowons at first.

Oct 4, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #12 of 17
You should really try Cowon's EQ... The BBE makes the player sound much better than it should. Regular equalizers have their phasing issues. Somehow Cowon does it right.

Quote:
I personally think iPods stand on their own quite well, regarding SQ, save for the lack of EQ. I'm part of the non-EQ crowd though, so that doesn't bother me much.

Irivers are just not as good as Samsung and Cowon. Even my girlfriend admits it and she has a relatively new Iriver. However, she needs to keep using Iriver due to some kind of plan that she has with Iriver in Korea.
Quote:
And the irivers?

Oct 8, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #14 of 17
Irivers are just classic you cant beat classics, 10,15, 20 or 40 gigabytes, rockboxed, line in line out, optical in , optical out, Strictly audio

No discussion on which is better, both equally good

You are talking about the old Irivers right h120?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back