Are These The Ultimate Headphones?
Nov 29, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #3 of 4
I have seen tons of ads from them a few (last?) years ago. Never actually thought of trying them out.

Nov 29, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #4 of 4
They are just better versions of the Bose tiny speakers concept. Maybe nice for a little apartment with thin walls or when you want to use speakers but not bother roomates; otherwise I don't see the point. If you want good sound with speakers "There is no replacement for displacement!" Even when using full range single driver Lowther/Fostex/etc. type drivers I would rather not use anything much smaller than 8" in a proper designed enclosure. Otherwise I would chose much larger drivers (for the low end) and sealed or dipole type system depending on the room. I hate little speakers with seperate subs. The only instance I would use seperate subs is just to reinforce the lows below 40 or 50hz utilizing room measurement acoustics software/hardware for proper response shaping of the low end enforcement. Most cheap commercial subs are way too small and go way too high. A proper sub should not utilize less than a 12" or 15" woofer or multiple 10" at the very least. (unless it's a massive horn loaded affair with a 20ft length and mouth the size of your wall!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back