Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread
Jun 4, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #32 of 767
Quote:
Hi Heyyeh 

Agreed, it's a right royal pain in the arse and certainly not what I expect from and expensive item like this.  I spoke to Jaben HK last week and they said they would contact iRiver about it - I haven't had the chance to follow up on the issue, but I will and will update here.

I expect I'll have two options - live with it for now, or wait for the next batch to arrive from Korea.  Very frustrating!

regards
Andy

Jun 4, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #33 of 767
Quote:
Hi Heyyeh 

Agreed, it's a right royal pain in the arse and certainly not what I expect from and expensive item like this.  I spoke to Jaben HK last week and they said they would contact iRiver about it - I haven't had the chance to follow up on the issue, but I will and will update here.

I expect I'll have two options - live with it for now, or wait for the next batch to arrive from Korea.  Very frustrating!

regards
Andy

Sorry for previous empty post, new to all this.

I see under another AK120 thread that others are experiencing same problem with non-recognition of microSD cards.  So hope a firmware fix will be forthcoming soon.  
Not sure changing to another unit will help.
I pm'ed JMoon on this issue and he was not aware of the problem but would let his team know about it.

heyyeh

Jun 5, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #34 of 767
Sorry for previous empty post, new to all this.

I see under another AK120 thread that others are experiencing same problem with non-recognition of microSD cards.  So hope a firmware fix will be forthcoming soon.  
Not sure changing to another unit will help.
I pm'ed JMoon on this issue and he was not aware of the problem but would let his team know about it.

heyyeh

Do you think it would help if we put together a list of good/bad sd card brands/size and see if there is a trend?

kkcc - 2 SanDisk 64GB SDXC, exFAT formatted, no issue

Jun 6, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #37 of 767
This is a repeat for the SanDisk, but maybe it'll show consistency:

2 - SanDisk 64GB, exFAT, no problems (fingers crossed), connected to MacMini for downloads (24/96 flac/AIFF, 16/44 AIFF, Apple Lossless).

Jun 7, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #38 of 767
Just had my first listen to the AK120 with a tonne of headphones. The AK120 sounded to me to have greater body than the direct comparison I had with the AK100. The best combination I heard was IE800 and AK120 and then it was the AK120 with the Beyerdynamic T5p, what an amazing combination both of these setups are! The AK120 really showed up the quality of headphones as the T70p's were just shrill and not very well defined at all. However the T5p was a different story entirely. Driven easily by the AK120 the sound was musical and crystal clear! I thoroughly enjoyed my time with it. To me the slight nuances could be heard more clearly with the IE800's than with the T5p but you have two very different designs of headphones. Overall both of the AK units offer a very good sound but the AK120 is a definate step up from the AK100 and is now on my "want" list. And on another note the AK120 is £1099 so a bit cheaper than originally thought!

Regards

Jun 7, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #39 of 767
Thanks for the info, you are the second person who seem to enjoy the AK120 and IE800. AK120 is certainly an overall improvement over the AK100 based on my experience as well. One thing is for sure is AK have got their size design right and battery life for a device of its kind is certainly on the very good side. 

Jun 10, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #42 of 767
Quote:
Yep, for me the IE800 / AK120 combo is something special, it was a moment for me, where I thought the money spent has really paid off.
smily_headphones1.gif
Now Phil's got me looking at the T5p's....
biggrin.gif

Is this better then TP and Korta or W4R?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back