ATH-ESW9 Scratches after Sent to ATUS Repair
Nov 19, 2010 at 6:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Butler

100+ Head-Fier
I've seen the post about recabling them myself, and I've emailed a couple of places that will do them online. I suppose I'm looking for someone who has more experience and the materials to give my AT's a recable. I was unfortunate enough to leave both my rabbit and my headphones out in the living room unattended, and this is the cost of my mistake.

Hopefully this is the right forum for it, but if I have any takers who are experienced, or if anyone can give some reccomendations of shops (I've already emailed APS, Moon Audio and ALO) for quotes I would really appreciate it. I've always been a lurker of the head-fi community but I suppose now is my time to dive right in.

Thanks all.

corey.butler[at]gmail.com

Dec 2, 2010 at 12:07 PM Post #2 of 4
After getting a handfull of quotes, ranging from 300 to about 50, I sent it back to AT who apparently repaired it under warranty despite it being accidental damage. Cased closed!

Dec 6, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #3 of 4
Wow. I've sent AT's back for repair before and had good luck before, but I'm not impressed with this little find:
Heres my angry email to their service department.

[size=medium]  
[size=small][size=medium]Quote:[/size][/size]
[size=medium] [size=small][size=medium]To Whom it May Concern,[/size][/size][/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=small][size=medium]I recently had a pair of ESW9A's that I had sent in to have a repair done on them. The RMA number was 164696. When I had sent in the headphones the wooden cups were in very good condition, however, when I received them they were considerably scratched, despite the fact that the order confirmation lists new cups as parts that were replaced.[/size][/size] [size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] [size=small][size=medium]I am a long time Audiotechnica fan and have many different AT brand headphones, and even a microphone from your company and it upsets me to see my headphones returned to me in this state. Is the repair process not conscientious of the delicate wooden cups?[/size][/size][/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]

[/size]

Anyone have a similair issue with wooden cups? Is there something I can do perhaps to bring them back to their original beauty?

Apr 27, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #4 of 4
Can't believe I never updated this post… Just journaling my saga. After all this happened, they had me send back my headphones to the repair depot, and shipped me out a brand new pair! Ah. *swoon* I love this brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back