ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Apr 19, 2024 at 3:15 PM Post #9,706 of 9,714
congrats to whomever bought the neige or aleutian stabilized eikons. those look wonderful
I was seriously considering snagging one of those Eikon(ic) units. It's been a long time since I've had an Eikon, and I always regret selling my original release Padauk set.

Apr 24, 2024 at 6:07 PM Post #9,708 of 9,714
Were all ZMF Eikon perforated earpads made from lambskin or there were leather-free version too ? I'm not sure what I have received with my Auteurs in bundle.

Apr 25, 2024 at 2:04 PM Post #9,710 of 9,714
Atticus has been serving as my work headphone lately, so I'm getting to listen to them a lot more. I built a sweet mid-fi setup for my desk at work, and the synergy is so delightful and euphonic.

Cayin N5ii > Mojo 2 > Nitsch Pietus Maximus > Atticus

Chord_Mojo2_01.jpg

Apr 25, 2024 at 2:10 PM Post #9,711 of 9,714
Atticus has been serving as my work headphone lately, so I'm getting to listen to them a lot more. I built a sweet mid-fi setup for my desk at work, and the synergy is so delightful and euphonic.

Cayin N5ii > Mojo 2 > Nitsch Pietus Maximus > Atticus

Chord_Mojo2_01.jpg
.... hint: try Schiit Vali 3 with GE 5-star 5670 tube .... mid/low/fi price .... absolutely stellar sound .... 😊

Apr 30, 2024 at 6:52 PM Post #9,712 of 9,714
Has anyone ever replaced their original atticus/eikon headband (with the sliders to adjust) to the newer style headbands and rods?

In curious about doing this. Nothing is broken, but id like to know if i can do this myself. I didnt see the parts for sale on the ZMF site.

May 1, 2024 at 10:18 AM Post #9,713 of 9,714
Has anyone ever replaced their original atticus/eikon headband (with the sliders to adjust) to the newer style headbands and rods?

In curious about doing this. Nothing is broken, but id like to know if i can do this myself. I didnt see the parts for sale on the ZMF site.
If you contact them they'll set you up with a headband replacement order. A few years ago I swapped my old slider style headband to the then newer style, and it was easy. Maybe 30 mins tops. And I was being extra careful not to scratch my cups. If I was moving at normal speed it was maybe a 10 minute procedure. I might actually upgrade my Atticus headband again from the now old style to the newest BBB strap setup. I have it on my AC and love how it feels with the wider strap and more supple leather.

May 1, 2024 at 10:42 AM Post #9,714 of 9,714
If you contact them they'll set you up with a headband replacement order. A few years ago I swapped my old slider style headband to the then newer style, and it was easy. Maybe 30 mins tops. And I was being extra careful not to scratch my cups. If I was moving at normal speed it was maybe a 10 minute procedure. I might actually upgrade my Atticus headband again from the now old style to the newest BBB strap setup. I have it on my AC and love how it feels with the wider strap and more supple leather.
Awesome, thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back