Audeze has my headphones and won't reply.....HELP!!
Feb 7, 2012 at 2:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 86

dofindale

100+ Head-Fier
It has been over a month since audeze recieved my LCD 2 headphones for inspection, and now they will not answer my calls or reply to my submitted support tickets.

January 5 Audeze recieved my headphones and was recieved by Patel.  On January 19, Sankar said that it would be sent out "tomorrow" which is January 20, 2012.  Its now February 7 and i have still yet to recieve my headphones back.  It has been almost a week of trying to get a response from them to no avail. Posting this information is my only hope to get the issue resolved.  If there is any Audeze support that is here on the boards, "can you tell me where my headphones are?"  I will keep up this post daily to update and inform the Headfi community of the progress of this issue.  I hope this will put these thives to an end! 

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #2 of 86

Quote:
Where's the proof stealing is involved? Especially with the record of the postal/delivery crowd.

[size=medium] Print - Close Window[/size]

Subject: [Audeze Inc] Re: status on my RMA?
To: dofindale@yahoo.com;
Cc:  
Bcc:  
Date: Thursday, January 19, 2012 7:04 PM

## Please do not write below this line ##​

Your request (#997) has been updated.
To review the status of the request and add additional comments, follow the link below:
http://support.audeze.com/tickets/997
You can also add a comment by replying to this email.

Sankar, Jan-19 21:04 (PST): They should ship back to you tomorrow.

Dofindale, Jan-19 05:26 (PST): I sent in my LCD-2 for rma, and it was recieved on Jan 5 from Patel. It was delivered via ups tracking # 1Z3W84X003937xxxxx. Could you please give me an update as to where my headphones are?
This email is a service from Audeze Inc​
Message-Id:W2M40ECK_4f18f5ea5b14a_21021348270272322f_sprut

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #3 of 86
Audez'e has had my LCD-3 for 6 weeks. Communication has been inconsistent, and I'm still not entirely certain when they're coming back.

I'm OK with it.

This is a small company making an innovative product for which demand is very high. Their flagship product has had some technical issues and they're under the gun to get things figured out. Yup, it sucks that things take a long time to be returned, and they could do a lot better at communicating their progress. But honestly, knowing how things work with boutique producers in niche industries, I don't find it too surprising.

Nothing is being stolen.

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #4 of 86
First just take a deep breath and calm down. I recently had a frustrating incident with a $20k musical instrument and it is really easy to lose your head. Going ballistic and calling names will only create more problems. I have a hard time believing that a small company like Audeze would purposely ignore your calls as they are dependent on much word of mouth. I don't want to defend Audeze's customer support as it sounds like something they should work toward speeding up, but they are underemployed and are known to be slow in response. Just be patient and and wait for their response before resorting to denouncing them. They will eventually respond. They understand the importance of their customers and they are not looking to leave them hanging high and dry.  

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #5 of 86

Quote:
Audez'e has had my LCD-3 for 6 weeks. Communication has been inconsistent, and I'm still not entirely certain when they're coming back.

I'm OK with it.

This is a small company making an innovative product for which demand is very high. Their flagship product has had some technical issues and they're under the gun to get things figured out. Yup, it sucks that things take a long time to be returned, and they could do a lot better at communicating their progress. But honestly, knowing how things work with boutique producers in niche industries, I don't find it too surprising.

Nothing is being stolen.

Thx for the positive reinforcement, its appreciated

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #6 of 86

Quote:
First just take a deep breath and calm down. I recently had a frustrating incident with a $20k musical instrument and it is really easy to lose your head. Going ballistic and calling names will only create more problems. I have a hard time believing that a small company like Audeze would purposely ignore your calls as they are dependent on much word of mouth. I don't want to defend Audeze's customer support as it sounds like something they should work toward speeding up, but they are underemployed and are known to be slow in response. Just be patient and and wait for their response before resorting to denouncing them. They will eventually respond. They understand the importance of their customers and they are not looking to leave them hanging high and dry.  

Thx man, putting it in perspective helps some.... perhaps im being a lil rash, but its me, i aint a powder puff like some, and i aint gonna sugar coat it if it dont deserve sugar :frowning2:

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #7 of 86

Quote:
Are you serious? Not only are you not helpful, you even mock Dofindale?

All I know is if I was in his position, it would suck hard. I hope you get it resolved soon, even if he was rude to them by contact it is not a reason to steal a product from the consumer.

just to clear the air, i have not been rude to anyone  at Audeze.

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #8 of 86

Quote:
Thx for the positive reinforcement, its appreciated

Dude, i have so much compassion for you, since I personally ordered an LCD-2 and the communication has not been good regarding this order. However i do understand for something with such high end, a little bump in the production chain may result catastrophic results and the ocmpany will suffer as much as the customers. While I am not totally fine with you calling them thieves, but I do wish they could keep their promises on next day shipping - It just feels like they are fishing you in some way. They promised me to ship out my item a few days ago but since today I still don't have any tracking number. So I am kinda in the same boat as you, what i think audez'e should do is to apologize to you for lying on the next day shipping thing. and give you a real estimate

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #9 of 86

Quote:
just to clear the air, i have not been rude to anyone  at Audeze.

Posting that they're lying thieves on the board where the majority of their customer base resides might not be directly aggressive, but that doesn't mean it wasn't at least a little rude to them. I understand your situation and the fact that you're angry, but curbing the emotions some might make dealing with this a bit easier. 

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #10 of 86

Quote:
Posting that they're lying thieves on the board where the majority of their customer base resides might not be directly aggressive, but that doesn't mean it wasn't at least a little rude to them. I understand your situation and the fact that you're angry, but curbing the emotions some might make dealing with this a bit easier. 

Maybe his"lying thieves" went too far, but I think customers should be able to share their experience here to help the community know what is going on with a certian company. not only "OMGGGGG audez'e rocks, LCD-2 is the shiiiittt, da best cans I ever had" ish of comments

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #11 of 86
That's why this board is so screwed up.  Audeze is notoriously slow and lethargic with customer service.  Ignore the haters, bro.

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #12 of 86

Quote:

i dont recall calling them lying thieves... but thieves perhaps.... holding my 1k, and my headphones puts me at a double jeopardy.  Im out 1k, and nothing to show for it.

Think of this financially, from a banking perspective. 1k for a month holding at 7% is $70.  You could very well do this in the stock market.  Could you imagine if this was multiplied by 10?  Thats a pretty significant.

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #13 of 86
It's quite simple; threaten to sue them if your headphones don't get returned fully functional.

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #14 of 86

Quote:
Maybe his"lying thieves" went too far, but I think customers should be able to share their experience here to help the community know what is going on with a certian company. not only "OMGGGGG audez'e rocks, LCD-2 is the shiiiittt, da best cans I ever had" ish of comments

Thats pretty much what i could hope for, to inform people the true colors, as my original post states that i will be updating the progress of the resolution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back