Audeze LCD-5 - The all new Audeze Flagship
Sep 20, 2021 at 4:40 AM Post #16 of 167
……or revamped classic (like a new, lighter LCD-4 perhaps)

Also note the slightly hidden Easter eggs in the photo…….all dates relating to key product launches
Re-launching the LCD 2, 3 & 4 with plastic cups that don't crack & fall to pieces maybe? They really do need it!

Sep 20, 2021 at 5:42 AM Post #17 of 167
LCD-5-Lifestyle18-1.jpg

Sep 20, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #19 of 167
WoW i like it! This one would be a perfect Xmas gift from wife 😀

Sep 20, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #22 of 167
Just $4500, they should have gone for $5000. Now it feels like a LCD4.5
I’ll never complain about something being lower cost.

The added benefit is that this should drive down prices on used LCD-4s.

Sep 20, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #23 of 167
I would have prefered the magnesium chassis but this one will do.
According to the write-up I read this is an Mg chassis. Looks like a new design all-around.

Super-light at only 420g, so they did something to bring it down.

Sep 20, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #24 of 167
It's great that they lowered the weight, but those look much uglier than the rest of their LCD line to my eyes.

Sep 20, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #28 of 167
It is also has a smaller diaphragm than the LCD-4, which means smaller diameter magnets. So that saved some weight. However, no manufacturer has ever said "hey we improved our headphone by making the diaphragm smaller," so this is going to be interesting.

I just want to clarify that I don't necessarily think having a smaller diaphragm is a bad sign because "New Parallel Uniforce diaphragms" sounds to me like they doubled up each diaphragm. Looking forward to seeing the official announcement.

Edit: Now that the official release has happened, we know they doubled the traces. It is still a single (smaller) diaphragm.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #29 of 167
Did they stop using glue on pads ?

glued pads is unacceptable when you’re paying so much money
Maybe I’m weird but I actually like the glued on pads.

It ensures you’ll always have a perfect seal, and that the pads will always be in perfect alignment. Nothing bugs me more than when the seams on a pair of pads aren’t perfectly aligned.

Plus, with the quality of leather Audeze used the pads can last for very many years with proper maintenance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back