Audeze LCD-X
Sep 16, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #5,013 of 12,748
Picked up a recent edition of Brit mag Hi-Fi News for their network streamer group test - Pioneer's N50 did very well in the blind tests FWIW - and they have one of the better reviews of the X I've seen. Some here might find it a little too critical, but I thought it was right on the money. 

Sep 16, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #5,014 of 12,748
  Just wondering what the final recommendation is on after-market cables for the X.  Is it Wywires Red or Moon Black Dragon V2??  Thanks.

I went with the Q French silk cable, in gray.  Zero microphonics.  It's like there's no cable there at all.

Sep 17, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #5,016 of 12,748
Any cable will sound like any other`cable if your hearing is defective.

I believe Red Jacket Mike may have been speaking as much of the Q-Cable's physical properties as their sound properties when he mentioned them as being like having no cable - they are exceptionally light and flexible in addition to having low microphonics.

Sep 17, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #5,019 of 12,748
There sure are a lot of insane people out there. Over 50% is my guess.
Mental illness can be treated, but only if you take the medication as prescribed.

Sep 17, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #5,021 of 12,748
  Any cable will sound like any other cable if you are sane. 

and hard of hearing ... or so stubborn that a limited "objective relativist" perspective is allowed to subjugate any subjective experience - but thankfully there are few people who believe we currently know all there is to know about physical electric and mechanical properties. Still, enjoy those RCA cables that came for free with your audio components ... 
wink_face.gif

Sep 17, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #5,023 of 12,748
  Enjoy the ignorance. My hearing is fine.

27 posts and you're derailing a thread with the cable debate - Sound Science is the place for those debates. I dont own any fancy cables either, but the focus of this thread is the LCD-X, not cables. 

Sep 17, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #5,025 of 12,748

Black is beautiful.

I have had no inconsistencies with my gunmetal gray LCD-X.  I was an early adopter.  Maybe I was just lucky... 
L3000.gif

Gunmetal gray is beautiful too. The point is it don't matter what color they are. What matters is how well the headphones work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back