Audeze LCD2 with ALO LUX-FEP 18awg Cable
Jul 25, 2010 at 4:10 AM Post #31 of 80
Why did ALO(ken) chose copper instead of silver for these particular cables?

Jul 26, 2010 at 2:51 AM Post #32 of 80

Quote:
Why did ALO(ken) chose copper instead of silver for these particular cables?

The older I get the more I like bare copper, but mainly I think the LCD2s needed a little more of what the OCC in Teflon had to offer in terms of a match.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jul 26, 2010 at 3:02 AM Post #33 of 80
^^ am there with you buddy. I tend to avoid full silver cables like the plague nowadays.

I think the time is near for me to come knocking for one of those cables Ken...finally :wink:

Jul 26, 2010 at 10:41 AM Post #34 of 80

Quote:
The older I get the more I like bare copper, but mainly I think the LCD2s needed a little more of what the OCC in Teflon had to offer in terms of a match.

Ken

I also think some copper cables are nice because they have more body and grip.  The question for me is how much of the "interior" resolution is lost inside the body.  I use IC cable material supplied by Audio Note (UK).  Both their high-end Lexus copper and AN-Vx silver cable material are of litz construction.  My experience is that the silver cables retain a lot of the body of the Lexus, but have far superior interior detail and resolution, and no brightness.  Both are pretty evenly balanced.  AN does not make headphone cables.  They do supply the wire.

Jul 26, 2010 at 11:11 AM Post #35 of 80

Quote:
I also think some copper cables are nice because they have more body and grip.  The question for me is how much of the "interior" resolution is lost inside the body.  I use IC cable material supplied by Audio Note (UK).  Both their high-end Lexus copper and AN-Vx silver cable material are of litz construction.  My experience is that the silver cables retain a lot of the body of the Lexus, but have far superior interior detail and resolution, and no brightness.  Both are pretty evenly balanced.  AN does not make headphone cables.  They do supply the wire.

I had similar concerns.  To my delight, the Cryo treated, OCC -Cu conductor with teflon insulation in the geometry that ALO uses has all the inner detail of the best silver cables, much better bottom end, and yet has none of the artificial sheen that I have heard in some silver wire.  I can't tell you why, I can only tell you what I hear.

Aug 1, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #37 of 80

Quote:
Has it been worth it to anyone to have the LCDs recabled for $400? The fact that there's no return policy is a little scary.

I want all my customers to be happy, there certainly is a return policy, the policy is best for you to call me and we can get you taken care of. I am not in this business to make anyone unhappy.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Aug 1, 2010 at 5:15 AM Post #38 of 80

Quote:
I want all my customers to be happy, there certainly is a return policy, the policy is best for you to call me and we can get you taken care of. I am not in this business to make anyone unhappy.

Ken

That's a nice direct reply and good to hear.  I like to do business with businesses that are aware of the importance of being flexible.

I had an interesting conversation last night with a "customer satisfaction" consultant, and he told me that many of clients are shocked to learn that the calls they get are often pointing to areas where they may have to change their core business (products, processes, etc) not just what they are saying to keep customers happy.  Novel idea.

Aug 1, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #40 of 80

Quote:
Yes, thank you.

I think I might wait until I can read more impressions about the re-cable when more people start to get their LCD-2s before making a decision.

No problem, I totally understand. Again if your not happy with a LCD2 cable for any reason you just return it.

Ken

Aug 30, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #44 of 80

Quote:
I know ALO has been busy with their recent move, but what's the possibility I could swap out V1 for V2?

There is a upgrrade path for past V1 customers, please email me about this.

Thank you

Ken

Aug 31, 2010 at 4:13 AM Post #45 of 80
Just got the chain mail balanced cable today. What a stunning cable it is! will try it out this afternoon. Ken, may I ask if it is possible to make an xlr to RCA adaptor for this cable as now and then it might be needed, an could you pm me the price if possible.

Cheers, Jian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back