Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Feb 12, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #7,306 of 7,693
@Audeze

I read earlier in the thread that the Mobius is compatible with 5V chargers. Is it compatible with a 5V fast charger rated at 2 amps output? I don't want to damage the battery.

A device will only draw as much current as it requires. You are safe to use a 5V 2A charger. It is likely that it won't charge ist any faster, though.

Feb 12, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #7,307 of 7,693
So... what are people's favorite sound profiles for music?

I'm finding very little difference between Flat, Default, and Music, but I think I like Music the best. Differences are subtle.

Warm is gawdawful. It's like lowering a veil over the music. Ickypoo.

Feb 12, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #7,308 of 7,693
So... what are people's favorite sound profiles for music?

I'm finding very little difference between Flat, Default, and Music, but I think I like Music the best. Differences are subtle.

Warm is gawdawful. It's like lowering a veil over the music. Ickypoo.

I start with music and trim off another 3-5db depending on what I'm listening to. I have room ambience set to 30. I listen to death/black/grind though and generally like a flatter response espacially with hrtf convolution.
Screenshot_20190212-123736_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg Screenshot_20190212-123718_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg

Feb 12, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #7,311 of 7,693
Is anyone able to connect their Andorid (my case LG V30) phone directly to Mobius with USB-C to USB-C cable? I hear crazy scratchy sounds. No music from Mobius. Any suggestion? or workaround?

Also have a V30, I've connected via USB c cable many times, no problem. I'm your position I would do the following, in order, testing each time:
Make sure Bluetooth is turned off on the phone and make sure headphones are turned on before plugging in
Clean the phone's port
Once plugged in, cycle between the different audio settings on the Mobius (3d settings, EQ settings)
Disable charging on the Mobius/phone (this you'll have to Google, I don't remember what to do off hand, sorry!)
Try with a different device
Try a different cable

Good luck, let us know what happens

Feb 14, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #7,312 of 7,693
Looks like I have to return my Mobius to Audeze after trying to update the latest firmware. They are asking for a COA card but I purchased these from the Indiegogo campaign and dont recall getting a COA card. I have the Safety and warranty Handbook and "The Traveler's Handbook to the Mobius Universe." Did anyone from the Indiegogo campaign get a COA card ? Or am I just missing it ?

Feb 14, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #7,313 of 7,693
Looks like I have to return my Mobius to Audeze after trying to update the latest firmware. They are asking for a COA card but I purchased these from the Indiegogo campaign and dont recall getting a COA card. I have the Safety and warranty Handbook and "The Traveler's Handbook to the Mobius Universe." Did anyone from the Indiegogo campaign get a COA card ? Or am I just missing it ?

I just gave the serial number:
https://fccid.io/2APRZ-MOBIUS/Label/Label-3871534

Feb 15, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #7,314 of 7,693
Indiegogo too, no COA card here either.

Mar 2, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #7,316 of 7,693
Hi,
I had a Mobius which I had to RMA because of crackling sounds. My problem is that the new Mobius that I got doesnt seem to have its mic working in USB mode atleast. The Audeze HQ app shows it as mute and the games do not recognize that a mic is connected.
Curiously the mic works in bluetooth thru my phone. Also I cant hear the sidetone.

Does anyone here face a similar problem or know how to solve it? Thanks in advance

Mar 2, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #7,317 of 7,693
Hi,
I had a Mobius which I had to RMA because of crackling sounds. My problem is that the new Mobius that I got doesnt seem to have its mic working in USB mode atleast. The Audeze HQ app shows it as mute and the games do not recognize that a mic is connected.
Curiously the mic works in bluetooth thru my phone. Also I cant hear the sidetone.

Does anyone here face a similar problem or know how to solve it? Thanks in advance

You checked all the windows sound control panel volume mixer stuff to make sure it isnt muted in there?

Mar 2, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #7,319 of 7,693
Yes it doesnt seem to be muted.
Also the thing is the initial mobius's mic worked properly.
Sounds like a job for Repair MA-Ma-ma... Audeze support.

Mar 2, 2019 at 11:44 PM Post #7,320 of 7,693
Hi,

I'm going to ask the obvious, just in case and to eliminate it from the options: you've checked the mic mute switch on the Mobius itself?

edit: also, have you tried different variations of connecting mobius and powering it on, powering on first and then connecting?
Have you tried uninstalling the software and drivers and then installing fresh up to date versions?
Have you updated the firmware in the Mobius?
Have you tried a different cable?
Have you tried connecting to your phone via cable and tested in there?
Is Mobius selected as the default Audio In device?

Entirely possible that none of these things will help but it's just the standard stuff that we users can do before having to contact support. Hope one of these solves the problem for you though!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back