Audeze RMA repair received
Aug 19, 2021 at 10:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MROOD

New Head-Fier
With great anticipation I received today the EL8s I sent for warranty repair, and I dont know how to take this, disappointment or frustration, heres why:

So being an owner of 2 Audeze headphones and many others I know what to expect or how headphones should be.

The cans now make a tin foil rattling noise every time its moved, such as general handling, when the headphones are placed on your head it is extremely sensitive to movement , when ur head is
moved from the left to right or looking up the noise is very apparent. #

Any movement, even the slightest makes a tin foil crispy wrapper noise.

I know that drivers can make noise as air pushes through the diaphragm but these are planers and it shouldn't make the noise, they didnt before and my other audeze headphones didnt have this noise either.

So looking at the driver inside of the earcup i can something shiny. Its like as if a piece of plastic or tin foil wrapper has been left inside.

now when you listen to music you cannot hear the crispy foil noise until you move or there is a roll of bass, from low to high or the bass is low, on and off that the crispy noise appears.

Im wearing the headphones right now and if i look left or right i get that crispy tin foil wrapper noise.

has anyone received a Audeze planer repair where both planar drivers were replaced?

I really don't know how these went through quality control or if something was left in accidentally? like a wrapper that needed to be peeled off before installation?

I was so looking forward to getting them back so I am disappointed in the outcome to this, I really hope something can be done to fix this.

Aug 19, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #3 of 7
With great anticipation I received today the EL8s I sent for warranty repair, and I dont know how to take this, disappointment or frustration, heres why:

So being an owner of 2 Audeze headphones and many others I know what to expect or how headphones should be.

The cans now make a tin foil rattling noise every time its moved, such as general handling, when the headphones are placed on your head it is extremely sensitive to movement , when ur head is
moved from the left to right or looking up the noise is very apparent. #

Any movement, even the slightest makes a tin foil crispy wrapper noise.

I know that drivers can make noise as air pushes through the diaphragm but these are planers and it shouldn't make the noise, they didnt before and my other audeze headphones didnt have this noise either.

So looking at the driver inside of the earcup i can something shiny. Its like as if a piece of plastic or tin foil wrapper has been left inside.

now when you listen to music you cannot hear the crispy foil noise until you move or there is a roll of bass, from low to high or the bass is low, on and off that the crispy noise appears.

Im wearing the headphones right now and if i look left or right i get that crispy tin foil wrapper noise.

has anyone received a Audeze planer repair where both planar drivers were replaced?

I really don't know how these went through quality control or if something was left in accidentally? like a wrapper that needed to be peeled off before installation?

I was so looking forward to getting them back so I am disappointed in the outcome to this, I really hope something can be done to fix this.
thanks

ive sent an email to audeze support,, looking at a repair report it states that they installed 2 new planar drivers
but the crispy tin foil noise on movement is apparently normal based on the FAQ

this is when u push the headphones whilst on your head but i get this "crinkle noise" on any head movement, this i find bizzare as my LCD2 cans dont make this noise, neither did the EL8s pior to repair

Not sure what to take on this but im awaiting on a response

has anyone else that owns a EL8 get "tin foil crinkle soundz?

Aug 30, 2021 at 10:11 PM Post #4 of 7
thanks

ive sent an email to audeze support,, looking at a repair report it states that they installed 2 new planar drivers
but the crispy tin foil noise on movement is apparently normal based on the FAQ

this is when u push the headphones whilst on your head but i get this "crinkle noise" on any head movement, this i find bizzare as my LCD2 cans dont make this noise, neither did the EL8s pior to repair

Not sure what to take on this but im awaiting on a response

has anyone else that owns a EL8 get "tin foil crinkle soundz?
I have the EL8 Titanium closed backs and if you press them in and out against your head, you can hear the driver crinkle. This is pretty normal with Audeze Planars. It shouldn't be an issue unless you are hearing it while playing music and not pushing on the ear cups.

Aug 31, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #5 of 7
I've own the Audeze Sine twice. The first pair crinkled in one ear when pressed, the other pair didn't. So I don't think it's a big concern, just varies unit to unit.

Aug 31, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #6 of 7
I've own the Audeze Sine twice. The first pair crinkled in one ear when pressed, the other pair didn't. So I don't think it's a big concern, just varies unit to unit.
hi

thanks for your response, I know when u press on your headphones the crinkle noise appears, i fully agree with that

how ever for the headphones i had (returned to Audeze) they would crinkle if i moved my head from left to right

they would crinkle if i was chewing gum or eating

Absolutely any body movement from the waist up would overrun the cans with a crinkle tinfoil noise, they were way too flimsy, either loose or too much air trapped somwhere

now before i sent the el8 back to audeze with a faulty driver i never had any crinkle noise from the cans, it only appeared after i received the repaired cans,

I can deal with crinkle feedback noise from the headphones but when u make slight body movements? that shouldnt sound like im screwing up a crisp packet right?

Aug 31, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #7 of 7
That does seem excessive for it to happen with any movement

Users who are viewing this thread

Back