Aune S17 pro
Dec 16, 2023 at 6:33 AM Post #692 of 2,360
After just one minute it reaches the external temp, however. After about 30 minutes 53 degrees, after one hour (it depends on the headphones) about 62-63 degrees, after three hours 65 degrees and then stabilizes at 65-66, not more. Only on the Focal Clear MG, reaches after four hours 68

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2023 at 6:42 AM Post #693 of 2,360
It is remarkable and also worrying when an amplifier can only be used to a limited extent by many users (myself included) in Class A mode. Unfortunately, it is to be expected that the effects will become even more visible in summer, i.e. at significantly higher room temperatures.
The approach practised by some here of buying an external cooling solution is absolutely out of the question for me.

Dec 16, 2023 at 6:44 AM Post #694 of 2,360
Hello everybody, I also recently purchased and received my S17 Pro and wanted to share my brief experience until this point, after about five days.
The sonic performance is very good, the sound feels very holographic, musical and full yet detailed. I am very satisfied with the sound of the device, it feels pretty effortless and tridimensional. I tried it with some cheap iems and Sennheiser HD650 and was pretty impressed.

Unluckily I ran into some issues, a smaller one where turning up and down the volume knob will result in the volume value going sometimes up or down in the opposite direction erratically by one step, and for the more serious ones, there is a faint hissing on my iems on the left channel that won't go away even after disconnecting or switching the inputs, and also the device gets very, very hot, very fast, especially when in 100ma mode on high gain; it will switch to 50ma mode after 30 minutes to one hour due to overheat.
It's winter where I live and I have about 18 C in my room, so this behaviour feels especially weird, since the hardest load I gave the amp was a pair of HD650s.

I contacted Aune support and I hope they will send me a new unit without these issues, otherwise I guess I will return the amp and move on to Violectric.

Edit: added picture for reference

Attachments

• 1702727332285a.jpg
    1702727332285a.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 16, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #699 of 2,360
Yeah, it's a wonderful product at a reasonable price. Made to be used as a musical device.
No phantom issues, blap blap blap.
You really should stop defending this obviously badly engineered product. Do they pay you for that?

The amp sounds great, yeah, no one said otherwise. But there are ISSUES with it, stop denying it.

I have ZERO phantom isues, I have REAL issues. And it's not a cheap product by any means, just to overlook them...

Dec 16, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #701 of 2,360
Yours start at 16 C and mine at 28 C. 12 C difference
If yours starts at 28C it means that the temperature of the unit is 28C when you turn it on. That can only be because the ambient temperature where you have the unit is 28C. His starts at 16C and it does that for the same reason.
28C is a bit too hot in my opinion so I would suggest you do something to lower it.

Dec 16, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #702 of 2,360
If yours starts at 28C it means that the temperature of the unit is 28C when you turn it on. That can only be because the ambient temperature where you have the unit is 28C. His starts at 16C and it does that for the same reason.
28C is a bit too hot in my opinion so I would suggest you do something to lower it.
That could be true. Don't have a room thermometer but it's hot where I live. All year. Now it's winter... 🙂

Dec 16, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #703 of 2,360
It is a class A amplifier and it therefore behaves like a class A amplifier. If that is an issue for you, then don't buy it. There are plenty of good class AB amps out there.
I think everyone understand the cons of a classe A amp. That being said its not normal that you can only use it for one hour until it switches to class AB. There are plenty of class A headphone amps that do not have this limitation (maybe every single one, except this model).

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #704 of 2,360
Calling the 50ma condition as Class AB is a misunderstanding. This is still quite a bit of bias current. It is still Class A up until the point where the headphone drivers are drawing more than 50ma. Which is probably about half of the available power. Just like the 100ma setting will be Class A up until the headphone drivers begin to draw more than 100ma as it reaches the top power limits of the amp.

Dec 16, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #705 of 2,360
Unluckily I ran into some issues, a smaller one where turning up and down the volume knob will result in the volume value going sometimes up or down in the opposite direction erratically by one step, and for the more serious ones, there is a faint hissing on my iems on the left channel that won't go away even after disconnecting or switching the inputs, and also the device gets very, very hot, very fast, especially when in 100ma mode on high gain; it will switch to 50ma mode after 30 minutes to one hour due to overheat.
It's winter where I live and I have about 18 C in my room, so this behaviour feels especially weird, since the hardest load I gave the amp was a pair of HD650s.
Except hissing is it all normal behaviour of this amp and no issue.
Even the iem hiss - check your other Headphones and if there is no hiss, throw your iems in the trashcan.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back