Austrian Audio HI-X55
Jul 31, 2019 at 7:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 238

Audio Aficionado

AKA SonyFan121, Steven31
nbalhx.jpg

So I was just reading some threads about AKG and suddenly remembered that a group of former employees of AKG formed a company called Austrian Audio, about a year or two ago. I decided to visit their website and to my delight I discovered that they have invented a headphone called the HI-X55. There is not much info about the headphone atm but I googled it and noticed that one website - Gear4music.com - has a product page for it, but it just says "this product is unavailable for delivery in your country". I wonder if anyone else here on head-fi knows about this headphone. As soon as it becomes available for purchase I will be buying one. To my knowledge,- the guys that designed/invented it are the same guys that designed/invented AKG headphones from years gone by. So it should be a good one!

Here is a link to the HI-X55 page on Austrian Audio's website, for those who are interested: https://austrian.audio/produkt/hi-x55/

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #3 of 238
Hi-X55_Slider_Test.jpg

Wow! :astonished:

These look super legit!!

Definitely gonna have to check them out. :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 10:54 PM Post #5 of 238
Hi Everyone,

This looks interesting, just saw this debuted at NAMM 2020 on SOS magazine's YT channel yesterday.
Be interesting to see what they can do for a pro monitoring style headphone...as a side note, their mics are meant to be pretty good too though personally I don't have much use for the latter at present.

@Mark Up, expected release is from February so Sweetwater might just be promoting they will have it sooner than most for those based in the US.

@SoundHelmet, I believe these go for $250 USD but don't quote me as the salesperson more or less mumbled it when asked in the vid.

Hope everyone has a great day !

Jan 18, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #7 of 238
Heard about this. Hoping Jude can get one in to measure on his GRAS setup.

More than likely, @metal571,

Jude seems to like pro headphones...

Though personally, measurements don't mean much to me in the real world but would still be interesting to see what the 55 come out as...

Hope you have a great day !

Jan 21, 2020 at 3:52 AM Post #10 of 238
My first impressions....soundwise...better than K872 and Denon AH-D7200

Buildquality and Comfort on Top....i think for this Money a real bargin

IMG_5341.JPG

NOMAX

Jan 21, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #12 of 238
I am sure many will be surpriced how is this possible for this money

NOMAX

Jan 22, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #15 of 238
My first impressions....soundwise...better than K872 and Denon AH-D7200

Buildquality and Comfort on Top....i think for this Money a real bargin

NOMAX
Oh schiit! If the Headphone Ninja NOMAX says they're legit, then you can take that to the bank! :money_mouth:

Now I'm definitely getting a pair! :L3000:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back