AXEL GRELL HEADPHONE
Sep 26, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #48 of 695
Maybe I missed it, i
7:45- 9:43
Apparently they are only making 1000 of them.

Well the Real Grell release isn't due before Munich High End 2024

Sep 26, 2023 at 6:53 AM Post #50 of 695
That's intriguing... I still struggle to understand DROP's sale policy.
Well Drop is no manufacturer with own production facilities. (Afaik)

They order a batch of a Collaboration item, which is usually produced in the factories of the collaborator.
So they can produce, let's say a batch of 1k units, and when they are gone, they are gone.

For more, Drop would have to collaborate with the other company again.

Even if I got it wrong and Drop had their own production facilities. The contract for the Collaboration gave them permission to produce X amount of units.

That's why they always have the "Only X units available " Marketing

Sep 26, 2023 at 6:57 AM Post #51 of 695
Well Drop is no manufacturer with own production facilities. (Afaik)

They order a batch of a Collaboration item, which is usually produced in the factories of the collaborator.
So they can produce, let's say a batch of 1k units, and when they are gone, they are gone.

For more, Drop would have to collaborate with the other company again.

Even if I got it wrong and Drop had their own production facilities. The contract for the Collaboration gave them permission to produce X amount of units.

That's why they always have the "Only X units available " Marketing
Now I understand more about it, and wish Grell can produce enough lol.

Idk where would the price locate, if it cost like HD600 it might be a good news. Quite heartbroken after reading Composer thread lololol as I only got student amount cash in my bank🤣

Sep 30, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #54 of 695
Sep 30, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #55 of 695
Oct 1, 2023 at 3:25 AM Post #57 of 695
Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #58 of 695
So, just to clarify because I’m a little confused. Does someone know if the OAE1 and the DROP model, are one and the same or separate entities ? E.g. : is the DROP model a follow up to the existing prototype and the OAE1, the final product ? Or, is the OAE1 going to be the DROP product ?
The OAE1 is the Drop product. It’s a collaboration with Drop and Grell. Only 1000 units in the initial run with no guarantee of a second release. It’s rumored to be currently at CanJam SoCal so hopefully we’ll start to see some early impressions.

No word on release date as the Drop post is out of date. I’ve seen posts that it should have released this weekend for CanJam and then others that it won’t be ready until Munich High End 2024 which is in February.

Oct 1, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #59 of 695
The OAE1 is the Drop product. It’s a collaboration with Drop and Grell. Only 1000 units in the initial run with no guarantee of a second release. It’s rumored to be currently at CanJam SoCal so hopefully we’ll start to see some early impressions.

No word on release date as the Drop post is out of date. I’ve seen posts that it should have released this weekend for CanJam and then others that it won’t be ready until Munich High End 2024 which is in February.
Think they're going traditional massdrop mode on ordering...I will buy one if it costs about HD600 money. I am going "Screw the savings!" Mode now for the Limited edition lol

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back