B22 from the South East
Apr 19, 2009 at 10:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

drc73rp

Previously known as AnaKinDV8
I think maybe i owed it to the guys who helped me build my Beta 22 + Sigma 22 to at least share our project.

It took me almost a year (logistics, schedule) but finally the fascia is on and everything is working again.

361850623.jpg

My build is 3-channel, with wiring config for 2 inputs, 1 pre-out, speaker binding posts and an umbilical for the Sigma 22 PSU in a separate box. All signal wiring are silver which is relatively cheaper from here when sourced from Hongkong (through my local builder), same case with the stepped attenuator. Input and output selectors all accessible from the front.

323927429.jpg

361850629.jpg

361850625.jpg

361850636.jpg

I have no background in electronics so i had a local builder do the boards and the wiring configuration, glassjar shipped the kit directly to him. I took care of the chassis assembly and powder coating, sourcing of the connectors and the wood fascia carving which is made from a hardwood from an old furniture.

361850632.jpg

The fascia was the last addition to the build but the amp has been in service for about a year already with no problems (kudos to my builder and to the magnificent design by Ti). I've used it with my Frugel Horns as well with excellent results, using the pre-outs to integrate a sub into the system.

I'll probably add another Sigma22 to the PSU, there's still enough space in the box to give me more headroom when using it as an integrated. A local meet is coming up and we'll have a chance to compare it to a number of commercial and DIY amps including a C2C.

Many thanks to Ti and all the other guys who shared their experiences for this truly priceless experience, and im still just talking about the build part. Now comes the listening...

361850631.jpg

Thanks for reading.

Apr 19, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #3 of 16
That looks great. All of the beta threads popping up have made me really excited to start on mine.

Apr 19, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #5 of 16
Looks awesome, how did you get the type on the wood?
Congratulations on your achievement, happy days listening.

Apr 19, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #7 of 16
Nice!
I'm not usually a fan of wooden fascia but that build manages to pull it off.

Apr 20, 2009 at 3:50 AM Post #12 of 16
congrats!!! looks great!!
beerchug.gif
i'm so jealous, cant wait to start mine; not for a month or 2 though. cant make up my mind whether to do a sabre32 or beta22 first. maybe i'll do both at the same time to save on shipping for the casing. i'm interested in the letterinfg on the wooden fascia too?? laser cut??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back