Balanced output vs dedicated amp
Jul 31, 2019 at 1:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

trivium911

500+ Head-Fier
I've really been thinking alot about the balanced output on my soon to arrive dx120. I have a dilmena entailing the balanced output on the device, that is whether or not to use that or a dedicated amp such as the objective 2 or little dot I+...both which I own. Would the seperate amps offer better sound than the balanced or typical balanced output? I ask because I just went out and starting buying up balanced cables for all my headphones without realizing they won't work with any of my external amps. To be honest I haven't touched my objective 2 since I got the little dot I+...I also only use it at home.

Jul 31, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #2 of 3
I've really been thinking alot about the balanced output on my soon to arrive dx120. I have a dilmena entailing the balanced output on the device, that is whether or not to use that or a dedicated amp such as the objective 2 or little dot I+...both which I own. Would the seperate amps offer better sound than the balanced or typical balanced output? I ask because I just went out and starting buying up balanced cables for all my headphones without realizing they won't work with any of my external amps. To be honest I haven't touched my objective 2 since I got the little dot I+...I also only use it at home.
I’m like “balanced output”
:shrug:

Don’t need extra power, or extra power not supplied via “balanced output”, why bother?

“Balanced output” alone doesn’t make for better sound. Better DAC/AMP is better.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #3 of 3
I’m like “balanced output”

Don’t need extra power, or extra power not supplied via “balanced output”, why bother?

“Balanced output” alone doesn’t make for better sound. Better DAC/AMP is better.

Lol that's awesome, I guess I read reviews to much saying the balanced output on the dx120 is more dynamic. Who knows if I'll notice it on my headphones. I swear my little dot creates a larger soundstage but it could be the placebo affect, it's pretty tough to do a quick A-B comparison. It definately adds some organic warmth to the 400is though which is a nice touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back