Bass Iems
Apr 27, 2024 at 12:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

JediMa70

500+ Head-Fier
I have few good headphones and recently I bought S12 and I fell in love for IEMs too. Now I would like to add to my colletion also very bassy Iems so What I could buy for 60 - 80 euros ?

Thank you

Apr 28, 2024 at 1:44 AM Post #2 of 10
I have few good headphones and recently I bought S12 and I fell in love for IEMs too. Now I would like to add to my colletion also very bassy Iems so What I could buy for 60 - 80 euros ?

Thank you

If you want a basshead IEM, read about the 7Hz Legato.

Apr 28, 2024 at 8:44 AM Post #4 of 10
If you want a BASSHEAD IEM, also look at the HBB Hades :wink:

HBB Hades has so much bloated bass though, it's really made especially for lofi and oldschool hiphop music trying to emulate the feeling of old boomboxes and subwoofers in cars.

I think the QKZ x HBB is much more pleasantly tuned with still large amounts of bass and half the price almost I think?

@JediMa70 if you like the planar sound of S12 there is also the MP145, it's above the budget unfortunately (above $100 usually) but with a really nice warm bassy sound. You can listen to a comparison recording of the sound signature through your headphones:

MP145 vs S12 and other planars

QKZ x HBB

Apr 28, 2024 at 9:28 PM Post #5 of 10
Buy a €25 7hz Zero 2 and apply peq to your hearts content in the sub bass, the zero 2 has so little distortion that you can boost as much as you like, it can help if you also slightly raise the treble when boosting the bass - go for a strong u shaped curve

Apr 29, 2024 at 6:09 AM Post #6 of 10
Buy a €25 7hz Zero 2 and apply peq to your hearts content in the sub bass, the zero 2 has so little distortion that you can boost as much as you like, it can help if you also slightly raise the treble when boosting the bass - go for a strong u shaped curve
Honestly, this is the best advice. EQ is a basshead's best friend. The Truthear Zero Red also works for this due to low distortion. As a Qudelix 5k shill, I recommend the Qudelix 5k to complement either of these. Full parametric EQ, individual L/R adjustments, 10 bands...set a low shelf at 100 or 150Hz and boost to your degenerate tastes lol.

Apr 29, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #7 of 10
Honestly, this is the best advice. EQ is a basshead's best friend. The Truthear Zero Red also works for this due to low distortion. As a Qudelix 5k shill, I recommend the Qudelix 5k to complement either of these. Full parametric EQ, individual L/R adjustments, 10 bands...set a low shelf at 100 or 150Hz and boost to your degenerate tastes lol.
If your Qudelix-5K only shows 10 bands (EQ), backup your pre-sets before taking the next firmware update; as it will wipe out those EQ settings. But the update is very much worth it.

Gym gear: 7hz Legato + Qudelix-5K
gym gear.jpg

Jun 4, 2024 at 11:56 AM Post #8 of 10
If your Qudelix-5K only shows 10 bands (EQ), backup your pre-sets before taking the next firmware update; as it will wipe out those EQ settings. But the update is very much worth it.

Gym gear: 7hz Legato + Qudelix-5K
gym gear.jpg
Hi! I was a Legato user and moved to Delci. Do you perhaps any dissatisfaction with the treble or soundstage from the Legato? Do you tried to boost it somehow? Thanks before for the answer!

Jun 4, 2024 at 7:23 PM Post #9 of 10
Hi! I was a Legato user and moved to Delci. Do you perhaps any dissatisfaction with the treble or soundstage from the Legato? Do you tried to boost it somehow? Thanks before for the answer!
I specifically keep the Legatos for the gym; where the loud environment is not conducive to critical listening and I play energetic tunes, to keep me pumped up. So under these conditions, an IEM with the Legato's pros (Low end and rich vocals) and cons (not the most detailed or airy), can shine.

Jun 4, 2024 at 8:36 PM Post #10 of 10
I specifically keep the Legatos for the gym; where the loud environment is not conducive to critical listening and I play energetic tunes, to keep me pumped up. So under these conditions, an IEM with the Legato's pros (Low end and rich vocals) and cons (not the most detailed or airy), can shine.
Ahh, you're right. At that specific time you won't even need the details and airy feeling. Purely for the energy from the bass. Good insight, thank you for your reply 👍🏻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back