Best single DD available today!?
Aug 29, 2019 at 2:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

KPzypher

1000+ Head-Fier
What is your all time favorite single DD IEM? and why? And what do you think is the best single DD IEM money can buy today? or perhaps best bang for the buck?

Are any of these below worthy candidates??
Xelento, Atlas, T8IE, EX1000, HA-FW10000, KXXS, Dream, etc...
I'm sure there are tons more out there that I cannot think of at the moment.

Aug 30, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #2 of 7
What is your all time favorite single DD IEM? and why? And what do you think is the best single DD IEM money can buy today? or perhaps best bang for the buck?

Are any of these below worthy candidates??
Xelento, Atlas, T8IE, EX1000, HA-FW10000, KXXS, Dream, etc...
I'm sure there are tons more out there that I cannot think of at the moment.

I'm still looking for a good single DD IEM. I am considering getting the Tanchjim oxygen or Moondrop KXXS if they are discounted enough during sales, hopefully 11/11.

But so far of the 2 single DD I own, which are considered budget-midfi Range, I have the TFZ No. 3 and Toneking Nine Tails.
The TFZ No. 3 has great subbass and bass.
The Toneking Nine Tails has one of the best organic timbres I have heard in an IEM. And it has 9 tuning options so u can get a bassy profile, a V shaped one, or even a more neutral sound. So it is quite value for money IMHO.

Haven't had the cash to splash on more expensive DD IEMs =(

I seen the mass drop for JVC HA-FDX1 Dual Carbon IEM: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/drop-jvc-ha-fdx1-dual-carbon-iem-available-in-the-us.912737/
And this one looks interesting, especially since there are tuning options too and it may be an endgame one for me if I get it.

Sep 10, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #3 of 7
Dita dream xls

Nov 13, 2021 at 3:13 AM Post #4 of 7
I haven't heard that many single DD iems but the Dunu Zen is a very good one. It has excellent bass, the midrange is super smooth and clear and the treble is good to my ears although some people talk about some peaks, to me they sound correct.

Nov 18, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #7 of 7
I have the EX1000, JVC FDX1, had the AK T8iE MKII for a year, the Dunu Luna for a 6 week trial period and listened to the FW10000 a few years back.
The least favorite of the bunch was the T8ie for me. It was a bit cheating, mimiking detail with spikes in the FR, which made it a bit fatiguing.
The Luna has crazy dynamics but tuning is a bit unbalanced IMO, with bright upper mids and a drop in the sub-bass.
The EX1000 has the most amazing bass, bottomless and effortless, with great texture. But midrange and the treble spike are not ideal.
with a good PEQ setting it’s a gem though.
The FW10000 I only heard briefly, but it impressed with detail and clarity, but the tuning is quite bright and easily fatiguing.
The FDX1 is actually really good, it does not have the extreme performance of the others but is a very balanced IEM with good technicalities. It’s just a touch forward in the upper mids, but nothing critical and for the money it’s a steal IMO.

If I had the money I’d love to own the Luna and the FW10000, but on a limited budget the FDX1 is excellent and the EX1k with PEQ is very special if you can find a good pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back