Beyerdynamic releases new headphones!
Mar 28, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #31 of 53
Honestly, I think they look sort of cheap/tacky. As if the designs could be stickers. Doesnt seem like something synonymous with the Beyer brand..... But its the sound that matters right?

Mar 29, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #32 of 53
These look quite interesting... The all-black version, at least. I'm in the market for a portable full-sized headphone, so I will surely consider these when they are available.
However, on the German Hifi-Forum, there are some negative comments regarding the build quality of these Beyers, so a blind purchase might not be a good idea.

Apr 1, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #33 of 53

Quote:
Honestly, I think they look sort of cheap/tacky. As if the designs could be stickers. Doesnt seem like something synonymous with the Beyer brand..... But its the sound that matters right?

They do look slightly cheap compared to the other beyers. I'm not that keen for the customization ability, it's the variable sound signature that has me interested. According to the beyer site the cable can be replaced for other functions such as iPhone or gaming. It sounds like their are making a headphone that can do anything you want, but how good they are at each individual task will be the question. Really hoping they pull it off.

Apr 6, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #34 of 53
Why didn't I see this thread earlier!? I'm very keen on these, especially the bass port/open/closed regulation is highly interesting to me.

Apr 10, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #37 of 53
From Facebook:

There is a slider on the Headphone which adjusts the sound to your liking.

If you know some of our products the following may help:

Slider on position 1 (completely closed): sounds like an DT 770 M
Slider on position 2: sounds like a DT 880 PRO.
Slider on position 3: sounds like a DT 770 PRO.
Slider on position 4: emphasis on bass

Please note that it is not an identical sound to our other products, but it should be comparable.

ph34r.gif

Apr 10, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #38 of 53

Quote:
From Facebook:

ph34r.gif

lol not sure what that emote means but I cant see how they can make it sound like all those headphones and still keep the price down. Quality can be on par with those can it?

Apr 10, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #39 of 53

Quote:
lol not sure what that emote means but I cant see how they can make it sound like all those headphones and still keep the price down. Quality can be on par with those can it?

Yea that's what I'm a bit sceptical about, if it's targeted for 100 - 200 EUR, there has to be a catch somewhere, ie probably just doesn't sound as great as DT880 Pro. I still find it very interesting, wonder if that slider position 4 is also the bassiest Beyer headphone made so far, would be quite awesome with both a bass monster + somewhat balanced headphone in the same package haha.

There's a huge chance I will buy this headphone no matter how it sounds like just to support this new concept/idea about customizable sound, I want to see more of this in future!

Apr 10, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #40 of 53
Yeah it does feel like there would be a catch somewhere.  I mean if they could really incorporate the sound signatures of all those headphones into 1 at such a cheap price, it would make the individual headphones redundant. And as far as I know, the beyers are selling quite well so I don't think they'd want to do that.

Apr 10, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #42 of 53

Quote:
Yeah it does feel like there would be a catch somewhere.  I mean if they could really incorporate the sound signatures of all those headphones into 1 at such a cheap price, it would make the individual headphones redundant. And as far as I know, the beyers are selling quite well so I don't think they'd want to do that.

Yea I was also thinking that but then I thought it from this side that they'd also save costs of having one model that sells extremely well (less different parts needed to manufacture especially). Difficult to say which outweights which though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back