Bigger Earpads for Sennheiser Momentum AEBT Around-Ear 'phones?
Jun 27, 2017 at 5:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

craigsharrow

New Head-Fier
I just got a pair of Momentum 2.0 wireless around-ear headphones. I think they only go AROUND small ears. The pads press on the edges of my ears and drive me nuts after 5 minutes (yeh, I have sensitive ears - I don't even like it when a pillow touches my ears)

BTW, the humungous Sennheiser HD650 velvet fabric pads fit and feel great on my head/ears.

I contacted Sennheiser who said they only have the Momentum OEMs and weren't aware of any other pads that would fit the Momentums. They suggested I ask Head-Fi Forum members.

Anyone have any experience with this issue? Suggestions? Thanks.

Jun 27, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #2 of 5
I just got a pair of Momentum 2.0 wireless around-ear headphones. I think they only go AROUND small ears. The pads press on the edges of my ears and drive me nuts after 5 minutes (yeh, I have sensitive ears - I don't even like it when a pillow touches my ears)

BTW, the humungous Sennheiser HD650 velvet fabric pads fit and feel great on my head/ears.

I contacted Sennheiser who said they only have the Momentum OEMs and weren't aware of any other pads that would fit the Momentums. They suggested I ask Head-Fi Forum members.

Anyone have any experience with this issue? Suggestions? Thanks.
Have you tried any of the replacement pads on amazon? There is one pair there that looks more oval than round and I wondered if it might work for you. I just searched 'momentum wireless replacement pads' and went to amazon. May be worth a peek.

Aug 17, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #5 of 5
Sorry to hear you're having that annoying issue :/ I have the M2 and average ears and it just barely fits around mine but doesnt cause any comfort issues. Unfortunately these headphones are very close to average ear size so many people who have even slightly large ears will find the pads a bit tight.

I don't think there is any fix for this, short of lots of cutting and glueing with aftermarket pads. Good luck though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back