Bluetooth voice setups (aptx Voice vs Le Audio wideband voice vaporware battle)
Apr 10, 2024 at 4:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

cloneman

New Head-Fier
we are approaching the beging of actual change in the Bluetooth voice space.

while Bluetooth has made a lot of headroom in music/movies the stagnation and vaporware never seems to end in the conference calls / voice vaporware battle.

aptx voice (as part of " snapdragon sound ") and super wideband voice (as part of le audio) are the two contenders at the moment.. god only know which one is going to have the first solution that actually works, with or without a dongle.

worse even, the very tiny amount of products that advertise this capability rarely offer a high end boom microphone to go along with it.

niche products that would allow a 3.5mm mic input to be sent over LE audio seem to still be far away (like the btr3k did for msbc)

the industry is still patting itself on the back for getting TWS to work, not to mention whatever meager progress apple is making with voice calling.

everyone with any sense for conference calling uses proprietary dongles and not Bluetooth. (gamer setups)

"high end " bluetooth conferencing headsets pride themselves on noise cancellation and other features that are important but u spectacular when crammed down an mSBC codec and the god awful mono music playback that goes with it.

----

at. this point I'm interested in literally any product that offers soenthing unusual in this space, even a half - success.

anything really. some DIY aptx voice receiver or beta product on aliexpress.

some random dongle from creative labs that isn't locked to 1 headphone

anything that exists for real that saves us from the mSBC esperience.

heck, I'll even tolerate left right balance control being absent , Becuase I don't expect that to ever fix that in Voice mode

Users who are viewing this thread

Back