Campfire Audio - Dorado 2020 & Vega 2020 - Coming soon....
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 20, 2020 at 11:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

XERO1

Headphoneus Supremus
https://darko.audio/2020/10/campfire-return-to-ceramic-for-dorado-2020-vega-2020/

These aren't listed on Campfire's website yet.

I'll post more info here as it becomes available.

campfire-dorado2020-1.png
campfire-dorado2020-2.png
Dorado 2020 - 1DD/1BA - $1099

campfire-vega2020-1.png
campfire-vega2020-2.png
Vega 2020 - 1DD - $899

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #4 of 7
They posted a teaser on their social media last week with today's date. So we should have an official announcement at some point today. At least, I would expect so.

Oct 20, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #5 of 7
They posted a teaser on their social media last week with today's date. So we should have an official announcement at some point today. At least, I would expect so.
Yeah, I was surprised there wasn't an official announcement here on Head-Fi yet.

Maybe Darko jumped the gun a little! :sunglasses:

The Vega 2020 and Dorado 2020 look great and will hopefully sound great, but it's a shame that their prices are so high.

But if they can compete sonically with similarly priced competition, then I guess it's all good. :ksc75smile:

Also, I find it odd that the Dorado has been priced exactly the same as the Andromeda, their most popular model. :thinking:

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #6 of 7
Yeah, I was surprised there wasn't an official announcement here on Head-Fi yet.

Maybe Darko jumped the gun a little! :sunglasses:

The Vega 2020 and Dorado 2020 look great and will hopefully sound great, but it's a shame that their prices are so high.

I would much rather they just stick to metal shells if meant keeping their pricepoints a little more reasonable.

But if they can compete sonically with similarly priced competition, then I guess it's all good. :ksc75smile:

Also, I find it odd that the Dorado 2020 has been priced exactly the same as the Andromeda, their most popular model. :thinking:
The new vega is actually quite a bit cheaper than the old one was when it launched while the dorado is a bit higher. Guess that's just where they are pricing things with their "diamond" drivers.

And of course compared to other "high end" stuff they aren't that bad. Though it will remain to be seen how good they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back