Campfire Audio - Satsuma and Honeydew
Jun 21, 2021 at 1:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 278
New from Campfire Audio -

Honeydew

The unmatched cohesiveness of a single full-range dynamic driver meets the compact comfort in our all-new ABS earphone body.

Honeydew’s custom-built 10mm LCP diaphragm dynamic driver performance is characterized by a reference level bass response that is fast and detailed. Music creators and listeners who crave punchy, detailed bass, Honeydew delivers, and it does so on an expansive soundstage characteristically clear and detailed.

Highlights:
- Custom 10mm Full Range Dynamic Driver
- New Compact and Comfortable ABS Body Style
- New 'Smoky Lite' Silver Plated Copper Cable
- New Compact Canvas Carrying Case - Made in Portugal
- Designed and Assembled in Portland, Oregon USA

$249 - Available Now - Link

Honeydw---Front-Banner.png

----

Satsuma

Satsuma’s sound is natural and balanced. The clarity and spatial accuracy of Satsuma’s presentation transition effortlessly from studio monitor to everyday listening companion. The bass is plucky and tight, thanks to the ported balanced armature. The 3D-printed acoustic chamber elevates the top-end extension for exceptional detail and air.

The compact comfort of our all-new ABS earphone body makes Satsuma a joy to use daily, on stage or on the go.

Highlights:
- Full Range Ported Balanced Armature
- New Compact and Comfortable ABS Body Style
- New 'Smoky Lite' Silver Plated Copper Cable
- New Compact Canvas Carrying Case - Made in Portugal
- Designed and Assembled in Portland, Oregon USA

$199 - Available Now - Link

Satsuma---Front-banner.png

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jun 21, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #2 of 278
Bloom Audio Headphones and Personal Audio with Pitch Perfect Service. Stay updated on Bloom Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BloomAudioStore https://twitter.com/BloomAudioStore https://www.instagram.com/BloomAudioStore https://bloomaudio.com hello@bloomaudio.com
Jun 21, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #6 of 278
oooh, orange-y

Jun 21, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #7 of 278
I really like honeydew melon.

Jun 21, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #10 of 278
That reminds me, isn't honeydew the green tinted one and cantaloupe the more yellow/orange one? Shouldn't this IEM be named "cantaloupe" instead then :thinking:

1624315668923.png

Jun 21, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #11 of 278
Last edited:
Jun 21, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #12 of 278
Review up too on Everyday Listening and THL!

Satsuma:
DSC01356.jpg

Honeydew:
DSC01349.jpg

TLDR, new ABS shells bring a lighter weight and more chic look & feel but with a new design that offers the most comfortable and stable fit I've experienced from CFA.

Campfire Audio Satsuma (black) vs Comet (red).png

Satsuma is a direct successor of the Comet, with a very similar tuning. It is now a touch more vocal focused and is tonally cleaner than the warmer, smoother leaning Comet. Despite the many tuning similarities, however, Campfire Audio have managed to tease out a slightly more detailed top-end and a tighter, sharper image overall, representing a small technical bump in all regards. This is the all-rounder of the two, it is easy to drive (basically source agnostic), has a musical and well-considered tonality and enough bass power to be enjoyed with many genres.

Campfire Audio Honeydew Mod (blue).png

Honeydew is essentially a completely new design. I suppose the peaks somewhat line up with the Atlas, but the top-end is far more attenuated in general, in turn, producing a more overt bass focus. And this is its reason for being, the Honeydew places the quantity and quality of its bass above all else. It does retain a reasonably clear and natural vocal range in addition to a nicely detailed lower-treble, albeit both are substantially laid-back and separation leaves much to be desired. If you love great bass and lots of it, the Honeydew offers uncanny depth and gusto for the money. Of course, don't expect balance or the best genre versatility here. I've also added a quick mod. By covering the vent, you are able to greatly attenuate the bass. The mod is more an avenue for listeners who want the flexibility to have both a bass-forward and reasonably balanced, warm/smooth sound for listening in quieter environments.

Happy listening folks!

Jun 21, 2021 at 11:46 PM Post #13 of 278
I'm not sure I can pull it off in public with these, and I'm probably not alone getting these impressions. Some traditional black/white/subtle options might as well be included if We going to go the plastic route. Shell design could also be bolder but oh well what do I know. Really wanna a great company like CA keep going on this tough market! Obviously these are just my honest opinions.😁

Jun 22, 2021 at 12:40 AM Post #14 of 278
I'm not sure I can pull it off in public with these, and I'm probably not alone getting these impressions. Some traditional black/white/subtle options might as well be included if We going to go the plastic route. Shell design could also be bolder but oh well what do I know. Really wanna a great company like CA keep going on this tough market! Obviously these are just my honest opinions.😁
Luckily they have lots of other headphones in that color palette.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back