Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Oct 18, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #32 of 5,394
Yeah right,you forgot to add the custom fees.
ohhhhh ummmm if the sound is incredible, customs fees happily paid for lol. Currently rocking with Vibro labs Aria and mojo. Whilst this sounds great, im really wanting to experience true TOTL sound quality for my music and am willing to spend the cash as a one off treat for myself... aswell as wanting a new 4k HDR TV to go with a new ps4 pro lol. Must keep putting in them gruelling weekend shifts on the shovel for the boss lol

Oct 18, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #34 of 5,394
I am settled with the Tera Player and Koss Porta Pro modified and Monk+.
Doesn't always mean expensive it is brilliant but we shall see how thease turn out.
Also W80, and Sine20 is about to be available soon.
ye them isine 20 are an out there product which im really looking forward to reading user impressions on.

Haven't heard/read too much on the new W80 mind, I'll look into it.

Thing with ALO is i like how sturdy and hard wearing their IEM's seem. For where I'll be using them, the toughness factor at this price is actually pretty important to me. From previous impressions i've read on other models I imagine the Vega will be a big hit, especially for the guys that miss the dynamic driver aspect while heading towards BA IEM's

Oct 18, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #35 of 5,394
Subscribed! Love my Nova's and I certainly wait with ambition to hear the new line up.

Thank you KB!

Oct 18, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #38 of 5,394
Looking forward to seeing Kens graphs for these, for comparisons sake. Been hoping and saving to be able to make a big purchase from Campfire in the coming months, and now it may or may not be the Andromeda. Choice is good though!

Oct 18, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #39 of 5,394
I heard the dorado and the vega in their prototype stages way back in February at Canjam Singapore. Incredible stuff that to my ears, are easily Among my TOP 5 Favourite IEMs regardless of price. To be honest, I think most custom IEMs don't have much on them.

The both sounded huge, not just a big soundstage, but the authority and slam and dynamics of these earphones are excellent. The vega especially had this big bass but yet remained so well controlled and tight.

I won't comment too much as many things would have changed by now, but ken only makes them better. I'm pretty sure he would have refined the tuning of these IEMs by now so yes, they will be pretty marvellous!

Oct 18, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #40 of 5,394
Just talked to Ken, the Vega loves to be driven balance with a lot of power. The Vega loves external amping, may be it is the 16 ohm impedance?.  Just look at Jude connecting the Vega to Chord DAVE made me sick.  Ken stated that the Vega Fq extends out to about 13khz and that is good enough for me.  My mmcx balance Crystal cable is waiting. Should have the Vega by Thursday. Burn in is about three days, will compare to the Andromeda and report back.

Oct 18, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #41 of 5,394
A true high end dynamic iem successor to the ex1000 is long overdue, let's hope these hit the mark.

am sure the bassheads will love to hear that...sony mdr7550, ex800/1000st...despite being a few yrs old
these (somewhat ill fitting) iems still have a legion of admirers....tape the vent and the bass slam is pretty fab...and they're still pretty resolving
iems, too....but then again tech always moves forward so will be interesting to see the actual reviews...esp
after a few months when some indepth reviews come out

any 'basshead' worthy iem?

Oct 18, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #42 of 5,394
Just talked to Ken, the Vega loves to be driven balance with a lot of power. The Vega loves external amping, may be it is the 16 ohm impedance?.  Just look at Jude connecting the Vega to Chord DAVE made me sick.  Ken stated that the Vega Fq extends out to about 13khz and that is good enough for me.  My mmcx balance Crystal cable is waiting. Should have the Vega by Thursday. Burn in is about three days, will compare to the Andromeda and report back.
AWESOME for you! Just wondering as i dont know, how would I use balanced cable? My music is a mojo going into my galaxy s6 edge plus. Would I need a different dac than the mojo? Really looking forward to your comparison with Andro

Oct 18, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #43 of 5,394
I heard the dorado and the vega in their prototype stages way back in February at Canjam Singapore. Incredible stuff that to my ears, are easily Among my TOP 5 Favourite IEMs regardless of price. To be honest, I think most custom IEMs don't have much on them.

The both sounded huge, not just a big soundstage, but the authority and slam and dynamics of these earphones are excellent. The vega especially had this big bass but yet remained so well controlled and tight.

I won't comment too much as many things would have changed by now, but ken only makes them better. I'm pretty sure he would have refined the tuning of these IEMs by now so yes, they will be pretty marvellous!

Yeah, Ken is all about continuous improvement right up until launch. I've been testing the final and penultimate Dorados and the improvements even over the last month or so was not insignificant. I'd recommend everyone giving both the Vega and Dorado (and the Ando) a listen. Don't think that the Dorado is less of a contender because it costs $300 less. As Ken said they're different strokes for different folks. I'll guess that many find the Dorado the most "fun" of the bunch. Cheers

Oct 18, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #44 of 5,394
AWESOME for you! Just wondering as i dont know, how would I use balanced cable? My music is a mojo going into my galaxy s6 edge plus. Would I need a different dac than the mojo? Really looking forward to your comparison with Andro

Mojo is SE only, but it's an awesome DAC. However, IMHO to get the most out of the Mojo you need a separate amp. For portable use the CV5 is an amazing deal on a great tube amp. For desk use I pair the Mojo with either the Cavalli Liquid Carbon or the ALO CDM depending on my feeling that day - either SS or tube. Cheers

Oct 18, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #45 of 5,394
  am sure the bassheads will love to hear that...sony mdr7550, ex800/1000st...despite being a few yrs old
these (somewhat ill fitting) iems still have a legion of admirers....tape the vent and the bass slam is pretty fab...and they're still pretty resolving
iems, too....but then again tech always moves forward so will be interesting to see the actual reviews...esp
after a few months when all the initial excitement and hype drops aside for better perspective.

a few questions: any 'basshead' worthy iem?
..which one is most balanced/detailed but will still fab bottom end?

I loved the Andromeda, the bass is tight and discrete but sometimes I wish there is more but the Andro sound is just so fine and beautiful and pristine from top to bottom.  My U12 probably has the most bass but I am missing the airy high too much.  I am excited about the Vega and expect it has more bass than the Andro.  The single dynamic driver without any crossover should give me a very smooth and balance sound presentation with bass slam to go with it.  If Jude is only half right that the Vega can bring me into that recording room I might never leave. Recently I started to warm up to the dynamic driver sound in iems and I am a sucker of high technology "Liquid alloy metal, non crystaline diamond dynamic driver" someone please help me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back