Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
Apr 11, 2024 at 10:48 PM Post #1,021 of 1,069
Out of the new Andromeda and Solaris, which would you say is the closest to the HE1000 Stealth in naturalness, transparency, and detail?

I've never been a fan of bright headphones, but the Stealth strikes a perfect balance between transparency and warmth, and now I'm looking for an IEM which can give me much the same balance and performance.

Apr 11, 2024 at 11:05 PM Post #1,022 of 1,069
IMHO, Subtonic Storm or Rhapsodio Supreme V3 or Even Elysian Anni 2023 would be your closest bet. As for Campfire IEMs, they tend to bring natural timbre but with unique tuning that's quite far from HE1K Stealth signature.

Apr 11, 2024 at 11:05 PM Post #1,023 of 1,069
Out of the new Andromeda and Solaris, which would you say is the closest to the HE1000 Stealth in naturalness, transparency, and detail?

I've never been a fan of bright headphones, but the Stealth strikes a perfect balance between transparency and warmth, and now I'm looking for an IEM which can give me much the same balance and performance.
Stellar Horizon Solaris.
But also agree with @theveterans

Apr 11, 2024 at 11:16 PM Post #1,024 of 1,069

If we're strictly speaking Campfire, Stellar Horizon is closest and Ara being second closest agreeing with @OhmsClaw . Then again, I fell in love with maximizing Campfire house sound with Bonneville as a complement to my Susvara instead of making my IEM sound like a Hifiman headphone

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2024 at 6:45 AM Post #1,025 of 1,069
IMHO, Subtonic Storm or Rhapsodio Supreme V3 or Even Elysian Anni 2023 would be your closest bet. As for Campfire IEMs, they tend to bring natural timbre but with unique tuning that's quite far from HE1K Stealth signature.
And how would you say the Solaris differs from the Stealth? Brighter? Warmer? Different staging?

Apr 12, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #1,026 of 1,069
And how would you say the Solaris differs from the Stealth? Brighter? Warmer? Different staging?
I do NOT have the Stealth, but IMO the Solaris 2020 sounds closer to the Grado HP model: pretty energetic through-out with a mid-bass kick that is more prominent than sub-bass, mids that are rich, and a treble semi-spike around 2-4K that can make it sound hot to some people with treble sensitivity. Good imaging of instruments, but with a very natural sounding stage, so not overly wide.

Apr 12, 2024 at 1:49 PM Post #1,027 of 1,069

More in-your face mids crunch than the Stealth. Bass is thicker in timbre, but equal in amount as the HEK Stealth. Mids are also thicker in texture than HE1K and less even in a well done fashion going from mids to lower treble. Staging is the biggest difference where HE1K is more cathedral-like followed by warmth/thickness in note texture with the Solaris SH. Treble is airier with the HE1K while it's sharper with the Solaris SH

Apr 12, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #1,028 of 1,069
More in-your face mids crunch than the Stealth. Bass is thicker in timbre, but equal in amount as the HEK Stealth. Mids are also thicker in texture than HE1K and less even in a well done fashion going from mids to lower treble. Staging is the biggest difference where HE1K is more cathedral-like followed by warmth/thickness in note texture with the Solaris SH. Treble is airier with the HE1K while it's sharper with the Solaris SH
Thanks for your comparison. Much appreciated!

Apr 13, 2024 at 10:43 AM Post #1,031 of 1,069
Campfire Bonneville + Clan Audio Graphene SPC

DSCF4881.jpg

Apr 13, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #1,032 of 1,069
Hi, everyone.

Please recommend ear tips. Form tips don't fit my ears. Do you have any good ear tips? The earphones are using Supermoon.
Supermoon sound really good with Pentaconn's Coreir to my ears.
Given Supermoon's deeper insert I have a smaller size tip compared to what I would use with my Andromedas

1713027046376.png

Divinus Velvet are also a good fit with Supermoon..

1713027316291.png

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #1,033 of 1,069
Campfire Bonneville + Clan Audio Graphene SPC

Try the Bonneville with the Pentaconn Corier. Shocking how good the synergy can be with this tips

IMG_9271.jpeg

Apr 13, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #1,034 of 1,069
Try the Bonneville with the Pentaconn Corier. Shocking how good the synergy can be with this tips

Thanks, but can't get seal with Corier tips 😅
Right now I'm using the Divinius Velvet and find that excellent, also had good success with the Canal work gel infused tips for more transparent and airy sound.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 8:47 PM Post #1,035 of 1,069
Supermoon sound really good with Pentaconn's Coreir to my ears.
Given Supermoon's deeper insert I have a smaller size tip compared to what I would use with my Andromedas

1713027046376.png
Divinus Velvet are also a good fit with Supermoon..

1713027316291.png
Thank you, but the product is too prone to rust in the Asian environment.

I'll have to try out the new aluminum ear tip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back