Can anyone confirm which cables come with the current V-MODA M-80?
Dec 19, 2014 at 10:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

audiowatts

100+ Head-Fier
http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfade-On-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone/dp/B00I9UKKS0

I just ordered these at the current $89.99 price and I know it's now a one button cable, but wasn't sure if it was the red or black cable. Also does it just come with the one cable or does it also have an audio only cable?

Thanks guys!

smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 19, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #3 of 11
Should be just the one button cable, but I am not sure about color.

Dec 19, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #5 of 11
Cool thanks, hopefully the one button will be no issue for iPhone/iPod.

No it won't, just double click for forward and triple click back.

Dec 19, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #6 of 11
  No it won't, just double click for forward and triple click back.

Thanks for the replies.

It seems every video on the tube shows these headphones un-boxed with the second black 3 button cable for iOS. Then when you select the option for that on Amazon over the current special it raises the price $100! > http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfade-On-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone/dp/B00I9UKKS0

I know it's the exact same headphone and also that V-MODA stopped making the 3 button cable, but a hundred bucks difference for whatever inventory is left of them?
confused.gif

eek.gif

Dec 19, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #7 of 11
Apple force V-Moda to stop making the cable do to some kind of licensing issue, so you will NOT find any new 3 button cable from V-Moda, thus the sky high prices for old stock.  However, I happen to have a used gray one if you REALLY need it.

Dec 19, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #8 of 11
I remember reading that a while back. I appreciate the offer, but I don't see it as a major need since I got used to the one button style out on most of the newer portables. Since I got them so cheap, I'm considering buying an audio only cable as well from their site after some time.

Dec 19, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #9 of 11
Yeah I guess $90 isn't a bad deal on the M-80.  Since they all use the standard 3.5mm TRS from the headphone end, getting replacement cable is easy.

Dec 19, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #10 of 11
For sure!

I remember one of the reviewers who I'm pretty sure is a member here (forgot the name) saying he preferred the sound signature of the M-80 even after the XS was out and he reviewed both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back