Can DMS and Dekoni DESTROY an HD600? | Dekoni Audio Headphone Hero
Dec 9, 2021 at 9:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10
Thumbnail-1.png

A spark of inspiration simmered in the Dekoni office when our friend DMS suggested he wanted a vacation to New York City. Now if you don’t know DMS, he is an headphone reviewer based in chilly buffalo with 70k+ subscribers. Typically he is a calm, well explained individual on his channel but I thought we could get him out of his comfort zone and do something out of the ordinary.

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 11.52.39 AM

A Headphone Hero, forklifts, mallets, throwing, and an HD600, all on the docket for our first day. What do all of these things have in common? Well we tried to destroy my personal pair of HD600’s inside of a Headphone Hero to put it to the test. I myself had the utmost confidence that the Headphone Hero could handle anything we tried to damage it with.

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 11.53.32 AM

Of course, all of this would have been for nothing if we had a broken pair of HD600’s. We confirmed with DMS that they worked before entombing them in the Hero. The production team stepped out to the rear garage of our facility and my first urge was to just slam it against the wall. You can’t sneak around when it comes to showing SKB’s rugged design, it is up to military specifications for protection. With all my strength I chucked my HD600s to the concrete.

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 11.54.18 AM

Phil, our camera operator, had trouble keeping the thrown headphone hero in the shot. I handed the case to DMS and asked him to do the same. While he was busy handling that business, I ran around the fork lift, grabbed the mallets and started hammering away like a mad man. I wanted chaos and DMS subscribed to it.

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 11.56.07 AM

The forklift menacing in the background was some killer foreshadowing, if you would like to see this scene unfold, head on over to the Dekoni Audio Youtube channel or check out the link below. Don’t forget to keep a lookout on DMS’ channel for his NYC blog, tracking his experience through Chinatown to Union Square.

If you are ready to subscribe your self to chaos, the video premieres December 9th, 1PM EST.

Last edited:
Dekoni Audio Stay updated on Dekoni Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dekoni Audio @dekoniaudio http://www.dekoniaudio.com sales@dekoniaudio.com
Dec 9, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #2 of 10
I'm probably never going to get the case, but love rugged and military certified gear in general. If it's hardcore enough though, will recommend the schiit out of it to others. 🦇

Dec 9, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #3 of 10
I'm probably never going to get the case, but love rugged and military certified gear in general. If it's hardcore enough though, will recommend the schiit out of it to others. 🦇
We are giving away the Headphone Hero we used in this video. Just like comment and subscribe on the video. Winners will be announced on instagram and contacted through youtube.

Dekoni Audio Stay updated on Dekoni Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dekoni Audio @dekoniaudio http://www.dekoniaudio.com sales@dekoniaudio.com
Dec 9, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #5 of 10
Thumbnail-1.png

A spark of inspiration simmered in the Dekoni office when our friend DMS suggested he wanted a vacation to New York City. Now if you don’t know DMS, he is an headphone reviewer based in chilly buffalo with 70k+ subscribers. Typically he is a calm, well explained individual on his channel but I thought we could get him out of his comfort zone and do something out of the ordinary.

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 11.52.39 AM

A Headphone Hero, forklifts, mallets, throwing, and an HD600, all on the docket for our first day. What do all of these things have in common? Well we tried to destroy my personal pair of HD600’s inside of a Headphone Hero to put it to the test. I myself had the utmost confidence that the Headphone Hero could handle anything we tried to damage it with.

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 11.53.32 AM

Of course, all of this would have been for nothing if we had a broken pair of HD600’s. We confirmed with DMS that they worked before entombing them in the Hero. The production team stepped out to the rear garage of our facility and my first urge was to just slam it against the wall. You can’t sneak around when it comes to showing SKB’s rugged design, it is up to military specifications for protection. With all my strength I chucked my HD600s to the concrete.

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 11.54.18 AM

Phil, our camera operator, had trouble keeping the thrown headphone hero in the shot. I handed the case to DMS and asked him to do the same. While he was busy handling that business, I ran around the fork lift, grabbed the mallets and started hammering away like a mad man. I wanted chaos and DMS subscribed to it.

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 11.56.07 AM

The forklift menacing in the background was some killer foreshadowing, if you would like to see this scene unfold, head on over to the Dekoni Audio Youtube channel or check out the link below. Don’t forget to keep a lookout on DMS’ channel for his NYC blog, tracking his experience through Chinatown to Union Square.

If you are ready to subscribe your self to chaos, the video premieres December 9th, 1PM EST.

Keep that beard game strong lmao

Dec 9, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #6 of 10
Liked, commented and subscribed :). Very cool product! might be a good fit for my HEDDphones since it didn't come with a pelican case.

It would also be interesting if Dekoni would develop a protective case similar to that of Focal Headphones, but make it universally compatible with bigger headphones such as Audeze, Hifiman, HEDDphone, etc. Maybe with the use of modular protective cushions inside the case so a snug fit can be made with different headphone models.

Dec 10, 2021 at 1:13 AM Post #7 of 10
Pretty funny stuff when the rubber mallets came out lol. Liked and subbed! Case looks nice and sturdy.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #9 of 10
Big fan of Dekoni pads ,, cant get enough of them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back