Can using my IEMs with swapped cables cause any issues to them?
Feb 23, 2024 at 4:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Vuipini

New Head-Fier
I used my IEM's by mistake with the cables plugged in the to wrong pieces. The left cable went into the right pair and the right cable was connected to the left pair. It was used like this for 3-4 months. Is there any possibility of this damaging the earphones?

Feb 23, 2024 at 4:28 PM Post #2 of 8
There is no need to worry.

Feb 23, 2024 at 4:51 PM Post #4 of 8
I had to return the IEM back to the shop because of channel imbalance, but they are refusing to replace or refund it because I used the cables swapped.

What iem is this?

Feb 23, 2024 at 6:37 PM Post #6 of 8
I had to return the IEM back to the shop because of channel imbalance, but they are refusing to replace or refund it because I used the cables swapped.
What...that shouldn't make a difference. Sounds like they're trying to avoid fixing it because you made a mistake.

Feb 23, 2024 at 6:43 PM Post #7 of 8
I will talk to them then, thanks. But the thing is that I haven't specified this mistake of mine when I returned the Hexa, cause I never thought it would matter. They called me and said the repair service told them that the cables were swapped. How did the repair service found out my mistake?

Feb 23, 2024 at 6:49 PM Post #8 of 8
I will talk to them then, thanks. But the thing is that I haven't specified this mistake of mine when I returned the Hexa, cause I never thought it would matter. They called me and said the repair service told them that the cables were swapped. How did the repair service found out my mistake?
I assume you shipped it back with the cables installed wrong. If you shipped it back without the cable installed...then I have no idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back